New corn production record per acre

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bioburner

Aug 4, 2012
West central Mn
Title goes to a farmer in VA. Over 500, that's right over 530 bu per acre. That's over 14 ton
Last years record from GA was 503

That be some serious corn per acre!

Title goes to a farmer in VA. Over 500, that's right over 530 bu per acre. That's over 14 ton
Last years record from GA was 503
I wonder what the fertilizer recommendation to get that yield was and what it cost?

I am sure they are not planting 90-100 day corn.
If we could have had warmer May and a wetter July in my area I am sure the average could have broke 225 and not the 183 for the county.
With all the field work done here this fall there is not much to do but run the planter here in the spring. I saw the tillage equipment run on my section 4 times and then the rock picker. Can't tell what was grown there now as all stover is worked in.
Scary if we did not get some late rain and now snow to help keep it from blowing.

Status
Not open for further replies.