new door gasket,runs great now!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kniffin50

Hearth Supporter
Aug 9, 2008
in the notch- ct.
Replaced the door gasket on the insert awhile back.Cold, raining,dreary day today so I decided to fire it up. What a change from last year,secondaries lighting up and more control on the air intake.I had noticed last year i could not get a good secondary burn going and my wood consumption had gone up.I can tell I fixed that problem. Please don't tell anybody I'm burning pine right now I don't want the creosote police to show up.

Last edited:
No problem burning pine, most of us left of the Rockies are doing the same.

that was you!.....i knew i smelld creosote in the air......Where did you get the gaske kit? and out of curiosity did you also re-adjust the door?

that was you!.....i knew i smelld creosote in the air......Where did you get the gaske kit? and out of curiosity did you also re-adjust the door?
Sorry! Thought the wind was taking it towards Mass. Got the gasket down in Canton Village at the stove shop.And yes I did have to readjust it back out. I had tightened it up for a better seal on the bad one. Rusty

Sorry! Thought the wind was taking it towards Mass. Got the gasket down in Canton Village at the stove shop.And yes I did have to readjust it back out. I had tightened it up for a better seal on the bad one. Rusty

I can smell it here.:p

If I had kept my Blaze King I was going to change the door gasket every other year, it makes a huge difference on the way the stove runs and extends the life of the combustor.

I am having a hardtime getting the door to fit right....I may call the guys at the canton shop and have them come out and adjust it.

Status
Not open for further replies.