'New' Duraflame?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KateC

Oct 7, 2006
Arizona
www.flickr.com
I've known you can't use traditional Duraflame logs in a stove/insert but lately I'm seeing a commercial for newer ones that are free of petroleums and 'environmentally friendly'----anybody have the poop on these, as in are they supposedly safe for woodstoves now? I'm just curious because I'm pretty sure my wood supply won't last through Spring (if it ever comes) and I'm not finding BioBricks/Prestos or anything similar 'round these parts.

i talked to a guy a few days ago (has one of my pellet units) who is marketing what he refered to as a "logiclog" apparantly its similar to the duraflame logs or other biobrick type artificial logs (sawdust logs) essentially they are like a great big wood pellet for use in woodstoves. im gonna try some one of these days as soon as i decide what woodstove to place in the spot formerly occupied by my venerable old 24-ac

Thanks for the reply---there are so many different brandnames for basically the same product that it can be confusing----'Dufaflames' have always been most definitely open fireplace artificial logs so I've never given them a second glance---but really curious now if the newer ones advertised are their version of Prestos/Enviros/NameYourPoisons.

Status
Not open for further replies.