New EKO 40 Owner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary S

Jun 18, 2008
Southwestern Wisconsin
Hello everyone, I'm new here. I have been reading but now just signed up.
I ordered and EKO 40 and plan to heat the house (forced air) and DHW. The boiler will be in an out building 35 feet from the house. There will be no storage at this time. This is my first go around with a wood boiler. I am a boiler man (navy trained) and a industial maintenance mechanic by trade (as well as a part time farmer). I plan to do a self install.
I'm sure I will have several questions as I go along but right now I have two. How deep do you bury the water line, I'm guessing about 4 feet? And number two has anyone cored thru a 2 foot thick lime stone wall if so how did you do it, or do you go up over the sill?

Thanks for any help and I look forward to discussing thing with you folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.