New Electric Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought an electric log splitter.It's a Yardworks 4 ton splitter.This thing is GREAT!!!I may not be able to split every piece down the middle but as long as I take slivers off the sides there's no problem.Payed $200 (Canadian) for it.If anyone has a chance to buy one I say do it especially if you keep your wood in the basement.Anyone else have one of these?I'd love to here your experiance.

No, I'm still swinging a maul.
Been shopping for one, that will meet my needs & not break the bank.
I looked at the small electric ones, just no sure it will do what I need.
Almost ready to get the small one or make one.
A friend has one & he splits wood in his garage, just before burning, & not happy with his stove. May be the wood not seasoned?
He says it works well.

John,

Enjoy your new splitter! Sounds great, easy to store
and always starts. Please give us a status report after
a few month of use.

I have a Ryobi 4 ton & as others have mentioned it splits about 90 percent of what is needed. I have put large elm rounds in & some just sneer at the splitter & say "make my day". I've also put dry elm in that I figured no way & it split. These are great splitters. Hope you enjoy yours, Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.