New Englader-NCL noises

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalBen

Nov 8, 2013
Twin Falls Idaho
I just bought a New englander NCL wood stove and had a new pipe installed by a local contractor. It didn't make any noises for the first month and now when my stove gets hot it makes popping and creaking noises. Is this normal ?

I just bought a New englander NCL wood stove and had a new pipe installed by a local contractor. It didn't make any noises for the first month and now when my stove gets hot it makes popping and creaking noises. Is this normal ?
Btw it makes noises long after the initial warming up of the stove. Not sure why it is doing this, as I am new to wood stoves

Most stoves make some noises as they warm up. Some make a tick tick tick sound, other make an occasional clunk. As long as it is not a large bang the noise is probably normal. When in doubt, call Englander support.

I would let the stove cool and check all the welds that you can. I doubt a weld broke,but you never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.