1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

New England bird books

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by firefighterjake, Nov 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    My wife mentioned that she would like a bird book that features a little more information about the birds we may be seeing around our birdfeeder than the simple identifying features. In other words she wants a bird book about New England birds with more information on their feeding habits, social life (probably better than my own social life . . . editorial comment inserted here), sex life (once again refer to the last editiorial comment :) ;) ), etc. Any suggestions?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Adios Pantalones

Adios Pantalones Minister of Fire

Loc:
    S.NH- Mass's smoking section
    I like the Peterson Field Guide for Eastern Birds. It tells you how to identify, gives quick facts, range, etc, but does not give the detail that you are looking for. A field guide like Peterson with drawings rather than photos, plus something with more general info, may be a good combo to look into.
  3. Cazimere

Cazimere Member

Loc:
    Delmarva
    I like the "Golden" Birds of North America. Easy to use for quick ID.
    I also have the "Audubon Society" Field Guide to North American Birds. Lots of detailed information.
  4. pelletfan

pelletfan Member

Loc:
    NY
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.