New England Pellet LLC. Enfield/Suffield Ct.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

paulslush

Aug 11, 2007
Just to clarify I am talking about a pellet retailer with the name of New England Pellet LLC, not the Pellet manufacturer New England Wood Pellet LLC. up in Jaffery NH. I was just wondering how happy those of you that have dealt with this dealer are. Not so much here, I won't get into the details as it is still an ongoing dilemma, but I can say they are the worst I have dealt with. I guess I should have known just on the fact they pretty much stole the name from New England Wood Pellets up in Hew Hampshire. That should have been a clue right there. I am not sure what is up but I did get a call from the NH manufacturer asking questions about the dealer the other day I guessing they must not be so happy either.HMMMMMM

Lets just say I don't have anything positive to say about them at this point... Still waiting on all the tons I pre-paid for back in May. Since May I've been told countless times "two weeks" or "end of the month". Today I was told (by the owner) I'd have them by the end of the week... call me a skeptic, but we'll see. What I do know is I've given them as much time as I can, but I'm to the point now where I need those pellets since I don't have any seasoned wood to heat the house with.

I just replied at length in another thread. I don't have my 3 tons from them either, that I ordered end of April. I get the same story every time I call, too. Most of the time when I call I get voicemail..but occasionally I reach someone.

I feel sick about this, because when I told my mom I had ordered from these guys, she got on my case saying what am I doing, I will get ripped off etc etc and I felt TERRIBLE thinking she was right. I spoke with 2 owners after that, and felt reassured.

Now I"m back to feeling sick to my stomach about the fact that these guys are such bad businesspeople. I need pellets too, I'm using propane to heat now but I bought the stove and pellets for a REASON!!

Time to really start bothering them, I think. It may be the only way.

And Never. Again.

Live and learn I guess, eh you guys?

Yeah, we're still waiting for 3 tons to be delivered that were ordered and paid for back in June. They did, however, call us on the 15th of September to let us know they would be delivering 1 ton to us on September 29, in good faith, I think, as they told us they knew they were behind and had promised us delivery of all 4 tons in late September. They told us that delivery of the other 3 tons would be by the end of October...we'll see. At least for now, we have the 1 ton to use.

A friend of my husband's, who lives a couple of towns over from us (we're in Enfield, CT, and he's in Broad Brook/E. Windsor), have not even received a call from them as to when any of his delivery of 4 tons will arrive. Same deal of you folks, when he calls, he just gets voicemail (sometimes with a full mailbox!), or no answer at all, or a busy signal. However, his wife did get through to them last week, and when she asked them about the order and delivery of such, the lady on the phone (Janet, I think)was very rude to her and told her she could have her money back if she wasn't happy blah-blah-blah. His wife then told her, no, she just wants her pellets she paid for back in June. She didn't get anywhere, and her husband is ready to contact AG Blumenthal by the end of this week if no pellets show up. Poor guy has been borrowing bags from friends, etc. Right now he's using oil and he's furious!

So, that's the story here in Northcentral CT, and NEPLLC is right in the next town (Suffield). I would not be surprised if people start going over to the place and banging down doors to speak to the owner, Steve (I think that's his name).

Good Luck Everyone!
Lori

wow, Lori, that is not encouraging news! You're right next door and don't have yours yet. At least you did get the 'preliminary ton'. I was never offered that, and could certainly use it, but since I live pretty far from them it would be a waste of time to bring one--just bring all three.

What bothers me the most about this really is that now pellet prices have gone way up and are harder and harder to find. So if I were to cancel my order with NE Pellet (which I don't want to do), I have to pay more, if I can even find any at a reasonable price. I really don't want to go with propane heat again this year.

I'm going to call the place I got my stove at and see what his pellet availability and pricing are. Not good I'm sure.

My brother is a lawyer, I could check with him and see what recourse I have. I also think any of us who've had this bad experience with this company should file with the Better Business Bureau or something.

Oh and I'm also afraid that if/when NE Pellet ever does decide to ship my pellets, I will be the VERY LAST customer to get them due to my being far from their HQs. That irks me to no end because I was concerned about that when I spoke to them when I ordered and both the guys (Steve and the other owner) told me it was fine.

If they didn't want to deliver here, WHY did they take my order.

ugh.

My guess is they don't have any pellets to deliver or the personal to deliver them.

I just called the local place where I got my stove. They don't have any tons now (might be getting some in?), just some indiv. bags; I think I was only allowed to buy them because I bought my stove there. $6.90 a bag, which comes out to $345/ton......damn what a rip off, but I'm going to have to do it, it's still cheaper than burning propane and my house is leaky so the baseboard heat doesn't heat well anyway..the stove is much better.

If I pick up 5 bags and keep pestering NEPelletLLC maybe I'll get lucky and have my 3 tons before the 5 bags are gone...if the weather holds out. If I'm extremely conservative I might be able to make a bag last a week...so that's 5 weeks...

I agree with you, I don't think they have any, or enough. The lady at the local place, when I told her I was still waiting for my 3 tons ordered elsewhere said, "There's a shortage of pellets everywhere." Yeah apparently!!

This is irritating for those of us who've been burning pellets for years. ...the mad rush to get pellet stoves and pellets by people who fear the rising cost of oil. But who can blame them.....

Let's just keep hoping and praying we'll get our fuel before the Spring!

Just got off the phone with the office, Try this number 860-654-1630, its the office phone and picks up a little more that the 860-331-3437 number

They called in Late sept and told me Oct 17, I called and confimred a week before and was told everything looks good. YEAH

Called Friday yep Oct 17 3PM and was told my order (12 tons) was on the counter and she didn't know why it wasn't delivered but that they work Sat and Sun to meet demand!

Called yesterday, MONDAY and guess what order is still on the counter!

Boss is the only one that decides where they go, as she said to me sorry to pi$$ you off but its not me, what a deal!

Called again today Tuesday, some of the same story my load and someone from Seymour is sitting on the counter and hasn't moved, oh yeah and maybe they aren't working weekends because of fuel prices!!!!!

Have wondered myself if Blumenthal would be a consideration!!!!!!

She also told me maybe I'd just get a partial, maybe but don't worry because they have a contract till March, how does that help be. burn some oil was one of her replies.

She was nice enough to talk with but you got the idea that the boss is delivering SOMEWHERE!!! but eventhough see setups up the schedule, he decides where the deliveries go.

Trying to keep my cool but $3000 end of May and this is rediculous!!!!!!!

Would be comfortable to turn anyone possible away from them how ever is possible!!!!!!

Interesting that you ordered 12 tons are are getting close to getting yours. I also see that you are in CT. It is ridiculous you've waited this long for them but at least you are getting closer, it would appear anyway. And a partial shipment would help you out for a while.

I haven't been offered anything in the way of partial shipment and when I call and actually speak to anyone I'm always told since I live in the boonies it will probably be a weekend delivery. Well...from what you just said, Dick, it does appear there's a good chance they are not doing weekend deliveries due to gas prices. In fact I've been thinking thats probably part of the slowdown with these guys...they didn't factor in the rising cost of gas (not that they would have known necessarily; but we shouldn't have to suffer for it) and therefore aren't able to truck as much as they thought they would.

Poor organization ALL across the board!!

From reading your post I'm again getting the feeling that since I'm (1) "in the boonies" and (2) only getting 3 tons and don't know of anyone else in my vicinity who's getting any...I'll be lucky if I get my pellets in March!!!!

Fuel prices have dropped considerably, diesel is down over a dollar a gallon compared to a couple of months ago... so this is no excuse.

I'm being told my delivery will be this weekend as well, mostly likely late this weekend is what was mentioned, but they could/would not tell me when. I'm also outside their standard delivery area, although as mentioned before, this wasn't an issue when I paid for the pellets back in May, although it seems to be a regular excuse recently.

At least you guys are being told *something*. I'm being ignored...but I"m still squeeking. Today I called Rick's direct line, got voicemail, and left a message.

He was quick to call back in April when I was placing the order...I think I had left in my voice message that on this forum people were complaining that they never replied to email or phone messages...so he called pronto. Doubt he'll be so quick now that he's got my money and it's about delivery of the goods. But I do recall someone on this forum saying they know (or knew) Rick, that he's a retired police officer, is a good guy etc etc. Well we shall see!

Why do I still feel I'll be the last one to get pellets this year from these jokers.....

requin said:
Interesting that you ordered 12 tons are are getting close to getting yours. I also see that you are in CT. It is ridiculous you've waited this long for them but at least you are getting closer, it would appear anyway. And a partial shipment would help you out for a while.

I haven't been offered anything in the way of partial shipment and when I call and actually speak to anyone I'm always told since I live in the boonies it will probably be a weekend delivery. Well...from what you just said, Dick, it does appear there's a good chance they are not doing weekend deliveries due to gas prices. In fact I've been thinking thats probably part of the slowdown with these guys...they didn't factor in the rising cost of gas (not that they would have known necessarily; but we shouldn't have to suffer for it) and therefore aren't able to truck as much as they thought they would.
I don't think he's any closer at all. The only thing that suggests he is would be the word of some woman on the other end of the phone he's never met who is taking orders from the guy signing her paychecks. He's not likely getting a straight story if the real story is "there aren't any". The whole thing has Ponzi Scheme written all over it.

As for the gas prices causing them not to deliver on weekends - that's ridiculous. It's cheaper during the week? Yeah, right. The price of gas here is now lower than when they took his money in the spring.

I'd be filing a complaint with the AG, Dept of Consumer Protection, Small Claims Court, and Gombrowski (the Watchdog in the Courant). Maybe if enough people start asking questions they'll pony up for the folks who have made the noise...or they'll just shut the doors and go out of business.

DiggerJim said:
As for the gas prices causing them not to deliver on weekends - that's ridiculous. It's cheaper during the week? Yeah, right. The price of gas here is now lower than when they took his money in the spring.

I didn't say that gas was "cheaper during the week". My point was simply that maybe it's costing them more for gas than they thought and so they aren't doing deliveries on weekends due to wanting to scrimp on gas. It was simply a speculation..I am NOT making excuses for these guys.

I just left another voicemail at yet another number, 860-654-1630.

Another thing I've noticed is that the different numbers have different voice messages re: their hours. Rick's said they were open til 5 (or maybe even 5:30) but the number I just called said they close at 4. And of course all of them say they are only open M-F.

requin said:
My point was simply that maybe it's costing them more for gas than they thought and so they aren't doing deliveries on weekends due to wanting to scrimp on gas. It was simply a speculation..I am NOT making excuses for these guys.
But regardless of when they do the delivery they've got to spend the gas so they can't really scrimp on it by not delivering on the weekends. They can if they just don't do the deliveries which is what they seem to be doing.

As I recall, there was someone on here earlier this year who was defending them to the hilt - knew the owner, liked, was a stand up guy, etc. etc. etc. I haven't seen him weigh in on this thread yet. Also think I saw one of the owners themselves join & defend themselves with a lot of mumbo jumbo about doing what's right, being fair, not taking advantage of anyone, yada yada yada. Haven't seen either one of them weigh in on this thread. Makes one wonder where they went.

It's a bummer too because they're really close to me and I almost gave them a shot. Ended up going to a guy a bit further away and he was aces so I'm feeling like I dodged a bullet on this one.

DiggerJim said:
As I recall, there was someone on here earlier this year who was defending them to the hilt - knew the owner, liked, was a stand up guy, etc. etc. etc. I haven't seen him weigh in on this thread yet. Also think I saw one of the owners themselves join & defend themselves with a lot of mumbo jumbo about doing what's right, being fair, not taking advantage of anyone, yada yada yada. Haven't seen either one of them weigh in on this thread. Makes one wonder where they went.

It's a bummer too because they're really close to me and I almost gave them a shot. Ended up going to a guy a bit further away and he was aces so I'm feeling like I dodged a bullet on this one.

I think that was in this thread:
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/16863/

I knew there was one or two guys defending them and I haven't heard anything from them either (anyone seen our friend "Iceman"?) I don't recall the owner posting here, but I'd love to hear his comments at this point.

Like I said earlier, I think these guys will come through, it's just a matter of "when". In the mean time, I'm not in the least impressed with their customer service up to this point!!!

We'll see if I have any pellets this week, but if history is any indicator...

What do you guys think of filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau? I'm in the website now. I'm hesitating though; should I wait a bit? I don't want them to get the complaint and then refund me and me be up the creek without my pellets!

and yea, that's right, it was Iceman who was saying he knew Rick, stand up guy, all that...right. And when I spoke with Rick he *did* seem honest and fair etc.

Honestly I don't think they are meaning to rip anyone off. I just think they bit off WAY more than they can chew and don't know how to handle it. Ignoring customers isn't the way...telling customers they will deliver on such and such a date then not doing so..isn't the way either. They need to be open and up front about it.

So yes I want to be optimistic too and say they will pull through. But this endless noncommunication is exasperating and frustrating and makes us panicky. They obviously don't have much of a clue...and took way too many orders than they could handle.

I'm going to get a few bags and hope they last me until my 3 tons arrive. And I'm also going to keep pestering NE Pellet on a daily basis. I hate doing that, HATE it, and don't know how much good it will do....but otherwise I fear I shall be thrown under the rug.

Yeah, I'm waiting calling daily and going to see.

Still have faith in the fact I believe I'm going to get them but I'm the one being inconvenienced without pellets, and having the need to burn them.

This could certainly be a great business with great return business if they knew how to supply acceptable customer service....it would go a very long way

Keeping my fingers cross and continuing to be a trusting sole!

Gotta believe in people at some point!

Thankgoodness I found this thread. I was going to order 3 tons from them in the near future. No one can touch there advertised of 255-275 a ton. Looks like i'll be searching like everybody else in the good ol state of CT. Maynard farms in Coventry Ct got there pellets in but there looking for about $450 a ton. Outrageous!!!!! I say you guys should go to wfsb channel 3 or Channel 8 and file a complaint with there crack reporter teams. I bet you get pellets after the bad business is aired to everyoe in CT.

I may be one of the lucky? ones to receive 6 tons from them about two weeks ago from them. I ordered my pellets beginning of May. It was a long ordeal because they keep on changing their tactics as to how you would be notified. First they told me that I was going to get a letter for a delivery setup. Then I got to talk to one of their assistance on the phone and complain about my situation. She gave me one thing that helped me a great deal - which was Steve's (owner) cell number. Because all their posted numbers are useless. I pestered him several times about my status. He first said I was going to get my delivery on Saturday on the third week of September. Nobody showed up and not even a courtesy call. I called him and found out the excuse was the rain. He then told me the next delivery date was next Sunday. Guess what? you got it, no delivery. His excuse was that it was supposed to be next Saturday. Okay, I waited next Saturday and as usual - no delivery. I repeated called him and left messages that he screwed up again. Now I'm really irate and thinking like you guys. Should I go to the BBB, Consumer Protection or CT Attorney General. (I did find out that he has two complaints with the CT BBB.) But then I got a call on Sunday morning at 7AM from Steve. He informed me that I will be getting my 6 tons within the hour. This time I did get my delivery within the hour. So for you frustrated folks out there, here's his cell number 860-810-8338. Sometimes he answers and sometimes it goes to voicemail. But as the saying goes, squeaky wheels get the grease. I'm not saying you will go through the same ordeal but don't be suprised that they will miss delivery dates promised to you. Good luck.

requin said:
What do you guys think of filing complaints with the Better Business Bureau? I'm in the website now. I'm hesitating though; should I wait a bit? I don't want them to get the complaint and then refund me and me be up the creek without my pellets!

Wasting your time with BBB unless NEP is a member. AG's office wood be a better route .

pellet4ever - Thank you for this information. Like I said earlier, I will give them until the end of October (as they promised) as I have 1 ton to use, but after that it's open season. There are too many of you out there still waiting with no communication from them whatsoever. If I can be one of the flies in the ointment, so be it. I too want to believe that they will come through for us, and I am trying to be optimistic. So, we'll see. I am grateful for, but do not understand why they called and told us they would bring us a ton, and everyone else I have talked to about this have not heard anything or had minimal communication with them.

Anyway, good luck folks. I'm sure this thread isn't done yet! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.