New England Pellet, LLC....redux

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lousyweather

just an FYI for you folks who bought pellets from the "low price outfit" of a couple years ago and got $crewed......might get your money back:

Pellet Victims To Receive Restitution

By Press Release | Apr 30, 2010

ATTORNEY GENERAL ANNOUNCES NEW ENGLAND PELLET TO PROVIDE AT LEAST $55,000 IN RESTITUTION TO CONSUMERS

Attorney General Richard Blumenthal today announced that New England Pellet LLC of Enfield and its owners will pay at least $55,000 in restitution to consumers to settle allegations that it accepted prepayments for wood pellets it was later unable to deliver.

The agreement resolves a lawsuit that Blumenthal filed in 2008 in cooperation with Department of Consumer Protection (DCP) Commissioner Jerry Farrell, Jr. Also named in the lawsuit were New England Pellet co-owners Stephen Zaczynski and Jason Tynan.

Blumenthal said that about 250 Connecticut consumers qualify for refunds. He said he expects all state consumers with verified claims to receive full refunds.

“This settlement secures money back — at least $55,000 — for consumers who paid for pellets they never received,” Blumenthal said. “Consumers must get what they pay for, or companies must provide refunds, which New England Pellet is doing. I am pleased that New England Pellet and my office reached a resolution fairly compensating the company’s customers, and I commend the company for providing these refunds.”

Consumers who did not file claims in New England Pellet’s bankruptcy case will be eligible to apply for restitution secured by Blumenthal’s office. If total claims exceed $55,000, New England Pellet and its owners have agreed to provide additional cash covering them.

Consumers who filed claims with the bankruptcy court will receive refunds through the bankruptcy process. Any consumer whose refund through the bankruptcy court does not cover their full loss may file a claim for the balance with Blumenthal’s office.

Anyone with questions about the settlement can call the Attorney General’s Office at (860) 808-5400.

I was watching channel 3 eye witness news a couple nights ago and saw this news at the very last moment but forgot to go online to check it out.

good post.

man that brings memories, i was a lucky one that got my pellets from them

Status
Not open for further replies.