New England pellets at lowes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmsbruce

Jul 22, 2008
west Hartford Ct
I went to lowes the other day and they have a clear bag of wood pellets that are made by New england pellets in New hampshire. They are called Green solutions. They are 194.00 per ton. has anyone used these? Are these the same as warm front?

cmsbruce said:
I went to lowes the other day and they have a clear bag of wood pellets that are made by New england pellets in New hampshire. They are called Green solutions. They are 194.00 per ton. has anyone used these? Are these the same as warm front?

Which Lowes ?? Does it look like the picture below?

Here is my thread from last year on them.
https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/71048/

Attachments

• WP_NEWPclearBagSC.jpg
    WP_NEWPclearBagSC.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 977
The Lowes is in Bloomfiled Connecticut. The bags are not the same, they were clear with a light green.

hmmmm, I wonder if those are the Warm Front as you stated......how are the fines in the bag if you purchased any?

I did not buy any yet. I was trying to determine if anyone has seen or used them before. I would not be testing any in this heat wave!

Same as ClearChoice maybe??? NEWP and WarmFront are same pellet. I thought NEWP made ClearChoice too. I got a bag of "Burn" wood pellets last year that said they were made in NH, maybe it's their's.

they are "Green Supremes" and my understanding is that they are indeed rebagged newps.they had them last week in w.bridgewater ,ma but i did not see from which one of the 3 newp plants they came from.$4 a bag is a good price though.

You are correct they are Green supreemes , they are from the Jaffery New Hampshire plant!

cmsbruce said:
You are correct they are Green supreemes , they are from the Jaffery New Hampshire plant!

The pellets from the Jaffery plant have consistently been better than the NY plant.

TboneMan said:
I didn't think NEWP's business model allowed for the sale of their product through "big box" stores.

Did they have a change of heart?

Yes, But you will not see NEWP bags at the bigbox. What you will see is Greene Supreme bagged product. Same pellet different bag to market in the box stores. Lots of pellet companies spin out a different bag to sell at the box stores and Keep their name brand stuff with the stove shops and pellet dealers.

If they are indeed NEWP from the Jaffrey plant, I can vouch for them as being a mediocre pellet.
Not great heat, and many fines per bag

I'd put them at about a 6 out of 10

...just for reference, Id put Inferno's at around a 4 or 5

I have burned New england wood pellets in my two stoves before and found them adiquate. Since they are only 197.00 per ton they would be fine for my stoves. My multi-stove will burn anything and the Englander just needs to have the pot empty every other day with these type of pellet's. thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.