New England Pellets = LEGIT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geppapa

Dec 2, 2012
West Lebanon, NH
Seriously, after burning Energex for the past couple months I decided to try New England Pellets because I heard they were pretty good. Holy crap! These pellets burn so clean and hot! If you have never tried them, I encourage you to do so.

Seriously, after burning Energex for the past couple months I decided to try New England Pellets because I heard they were pretty good. Holy crap! These pellets burn so clean and hot! If you have never tried them, I encourage you to do so.
Hi geppapa,you say NEWP are clean and hot...... Is this clean and hot in general, or just compared to Energex?

Reactions: MacP
boy is this thread gonna get some attention lol
I agree! I laughed when I read the OP. It seems like once a year someone posts a positive post on NEWPS, and my first thought is, they must sell them. Sorry if this is in fact a real, objective post. Most people don't share your positive feelings. Maybe their product has improved. I'm not potentially wasting my money to give them a second try. The 3 tons I had to suffer through a few years back was enough to last me a lifetime.

Reactions: CT Pellet and P38X2
Are you talking NEWP?....or NEP? I'm almost positive there was a New England Pellet brand a while ago. I thought they were located in central(ish) NH. Thought they closed a while ago and were only open for a relatively short time.

Guess they re-opened ;)

Check your keyboard. The word Guano came out as Energex.

My "Win a Ton" are complete garbage...I can't wait until they are all gone and it's taking forever since I hate burning them...They are barely tolerable even for being free.

Reactions: briansol
Very ouch.

I agree! I laughed when I read the OP. It seems like once a year someone posts a positive post on NEWPS, and my first thought is, they must sell them. Sorry if this is in fact a real, objective post. Most people don't share your positive feelings. Maybe their product has improved. I'm not potentially wasting my money to give them a second try. The 3 tons I had to suffer through a few years back was enough to last me a lifetime.
I don't sell. I just used Energex and some other crappy Home Depot pellets. These are the cleanest and hottest I have experienced.

How long have you had a pellet stove?

I had to travel to Northern Maine on numerous occasions the past 6 months and I always take time to stop in a place selling pellets. I was surprised at how many were selling NEWP and how highly they were thought of. Hot and very clean with very little ash. I heard that more than once. So either there are a lot of people who have no idea what a good pellet is or NEWP's batch variance is very large.

8385644678_b02fd49e57_z.jpg

I had to travel to Northern Maine on numerous occasions the past 6 months and I always take time to stop in a place selling pellets. I was surprised at how many were selling NEWP and how highly they were thought of. Hot and very clean with very little ash. I heard that more than once. So either there are a lot of people who have no idea what a good pellet is or NEWP's batch variance is very large.

Not the first time you've posted that info. I'm baffled as well.

Mine all came from the Schuyler...people have said the ones from Jaffrey are much better.....who knows.....Purely based on what I received, I would NEVER go out buy these pellets.....ever.....

Call me crazy but I love them. HOT AND CLEAN.

Burned almost 3/4 ton of Greene team supreme.

Jim,

Saw the above in your sig. FYI Green Supreme and Greene Team are 2 different pellets made by 2 different companies.

They were my first ton I purchased and I hated them last year. Does anyone know if they made any changes?

They sell these pellets at the box stores under another name.....

Yep.. None other than Green Supreme (AKA- NEWP)

Some love them. Some hate them. Thats any pellet...

There is a recent post about someone hating Somersets (Summersets). Thats just preposterous ;)

I've burned a few tons of new england(the ones in the picture). The dealer I bought my stove from last year sold them along w/ a few other bands, so I bought a couple tons from him. They said they sold brands that performed well w/ their stoves. No point selling a pellet brand if the auger had issues or they were too large, etc.

For the current season I bought two tons of new england and one ton of cubex from another dealer. I actually think the NE's burned better than the cubex, but then I have read some comments on the cubex quality not being as good this year vs. years prior. Who knows.

My stove seems to like them. I like the house now at a warm 65 and these deliver even on the coldest days. I don't even have to run the stove on the highest feed rate/fan.

I think it's all about what works best for you.

They put out enough heat for my cat to toast his junk, which is always a plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.