New England Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the Eel Weir Dam. That one dam controls the lake level and as Smokey knows, is controlled by SAPPI (formerly SD Warren) a paper mill in Westbrook Maine. The operation of said dam and the levels at which it must be controlled is dictated by a management plan regulated by FERC. Lake levels are a HUGE issue on Sebago right now with some wanting higher levels and some wanting lower levels. SAPPI is in the process of trying to renew it's license to operate the dam and it's getting a lot of attention including the State Legislature. Sorry guys...off topic....

Can never please them all.

There are several dams the Eel Weir Canal which is a portion of Cumberland and Oxford Canal that was financed via the formation of Canal National Bank one of predecessor banks to what is now known as Key Bank of Maine NA is one of the outflows it is on the left and on the right is the Presumpscot River and down river not all that far is Casco Bay and the Atlantic Ocean.

Boy....can I ever tell the difference between a good pellet and a not so good one in my PF100 furnace. Burning Okanagan's or MWP softies, when the furnace goes into maintenance mode when there is no call for heat from the thermostat, the minimal pellet feed gave out enough heat to still kick on the distribution blower. These New England's don't put out enough heat in maintenance burn to do that, so the house temp drops off faster without the interim blower coming on to disipate the heat the maintenance burn has built up on the fan controller. Makes for sitting in a cooler house between call for heat cycles.

I'll never buy these again.

Reactions: fmsm
Status
Not open for further replies.