new england stov

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

homer1

Jan 2, 2011
alb nm
ok will be getting the 25pdvc we have lest then 1400 sf to heat
what settting to use for the most burn time top and lower end
most of the time will just be heating about 600 sf and will need to run on very low setting
can the in comeing air be set on this stove

Feed setting 1... Fan setting 9... But you wont heat 1400 sq ft.... Gonna take time and tweaking..... Time and Tweaking.....

yeah, I can honestly tell you that it is not going to heat 1400 sg ft on feed 1.
2 story with almost 1500 sg ft and I have to crank it up on the cold days to 5 and that gives me about 12 hours burn time.

First of all, pretty much any stove set to the absolute lowest heat setting isn't going to perform well....that's the toughest thing to try with any pellet stove.

My advice is to use at least heat setting 2, and fan setting of 7 (difference between 7 and 9 is negligible....just uses more power). Lower button settings should be set at factory, so start with those.

I agree with the rest of the guys, you wont get much done on the lowest settings unless its about 35 or 40 degrees outside. I have a Quad Insert, and I run on its low setting most of the time but when those real cold nights come along I have to kick it up to the next setting or the room will be chilly. Another thing that running on the lowest setting will do and that is your firebox will get very dirty very fast. At least that is what happens with my Quad.

Nicholas440 said:
I agree with the rest of the guys, you wont get much done on the lowest settings unless its about 35 or 40 degrees outside. I have a Quad Insert, and I run on its low setting most of the time but when those real cold nights come along I have to kick it up to the next setting or the room will be chilly. Another thing that running on the lowest setting will do and that is your firebox will get very dirty very fast. At least that is what happens with my Quad.

Same as my Harman P38. Heat set at #1 will allow a 40 lb bag to burn for 36 hrs but just warm air coming out.

Gio, come to Syracuse. I wanna show you the heat from a stove at 1lb per hour. I'll buy you lunch if you stop by! Cant pay for the gas though.

Franks said:
Gio, come to Syracuse. I wanna show you the heat from a stove at 1lb per hour. I'll buy you lunch if you stop by! Cant pay for the gas though.
I won`t doubt you but it`s outta my price range.

No no, I dont wanna sell it to you, I just want to show it to you. Great excuse for a road trip. Next two months are the only nice ones in Syracuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.