New England: Wed = cleaning day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I, of all people, forgot to turn mine off before i left for work this morning.

maybe it will be off when i get home from the thermostat and i can do the clearning that i wanted to tonight.

49 degrees out today - cleaned the stove, vent, did the LBT. Ready for the next ton!

As planned, I cleaned my P68, and I cleaned the ESP probe. Boy, what a difference that made; I cleaned it with that glass conditioner by Rutland. Flames were higher than I've seen them in a long time. I have to confess that I never have cleaned the probe, I will be cleaning it on a regular basis now.

Tom C.

All cleaned. Up and running again.

My first cleaning.

Burned about 35 bags so far and did my first cleaning today. Ash bucket was about 2/3 full and thats with me pushing everyhting I could into it. The only thing I found that had me worried was that after removing the plate with the 2 thumb screws I gently vacumed that out but found out there are wires in there. Sure is tough to get all the ash of that area.

What is a good interval to clean the ESP probe? any link on the instructions?

Status
Not open for further replies.