New Englander 30NC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

northernwoodsman

Feb 13, 2008
Northern MN
We've been burning for about 3 weeks and love the stove. Bring on the Minnesota winter!!!
The heath pad will eventually be trimmed with oak.

Attachments

• IMG_1081.jpg
    IMG_1081.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 1,378
What is that on the heart top under the ash lip of the stove? Electrical outlet?

That's one helluva deep firebox there.Lookin' good.

How thick is the steel-plate which forms the top and the ash-lip?Oh...does Englander use graphite door gasket or the regular white rope?Just curious.

Hogwildz said:
What is that on the heart top under the ash lip of the stove? Electrical outlet?

That's the warning tag that came on the ash lip. It fell off after the first fire. It just happened to be in the photo.

Nice! What's the spacing between the wall and the back of the stove? Also, did you not like the look of the springy handle thing for the air control?

Titan said:
How thick is the steel-plate which forms the top and the ash-lip?Oh...does Englander use graphite door gasket or the regular white rope?Just curious.
I'm not sure the thickness of the steel plate. The seal is the regular white rope.

M1sterM said:
Nice! What's the spacing between the wall and the back of the stove? Also, did you not like the look of the springy handle thing for the air control?

I can't remember the exact spacing, but it is a little over what the specs say. I had to buy the side shields to get closer.
The stove didn't have the "springy handle thing" when I bought it. We did opt to take the gold trim pieces off.

Oh that looks so nice and cozy. Isn't it fun this year to get excited when the weather forecast says 'REALLY COLD & PROBABLY TONS OF SNOW' haha
You are like my Hubby.....He got the Hearth built and could not wait to finish the Oak trim out before he placed the stove! I will see who beats with getting that Oak trim down first. I've been waiting since the middle of last winter!!! haha :-S
You did a fantastic job on it and it really does look awesome. Enjoy.......

Looks nice and warm!! Congrad's on the purchase.

Titan said:

The top plate is 1/4" and the stove body and ash-lip are 3/16". The door gasket is white high density rope. The stuff at most stove shops is low density and doesn't work worth a darn on the 30.

That's a nice looking setup. I think you must have reversed the image file, though, because it makes it look as though the door hinges from the left. Rick

Great looking stoves! Here's a pic of mine. Waiting for the lake effect snow to kick in, here near buffalo.
I scored some 15 cords of apple last year. Boy if the BBQ's only knew where i lived.
happy holidays- I know everyone will be warm, unless your out of wood.

Attachments

• fire 001.JPG
    fire 001.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 827
  • fire 003.JPG
    fire 003.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 838
boofalo burner said:
Great looking stoves! Here's a pic of mine. Waiting for the lake effect snow to kick in, here near buffalo.
I scored some 15 cords of apple last year. Boy if the BBQ's only knew where i lived.
happy holidays- I know everyone will be warm, unless your out of wood.

Very nice, too. Wow, 15 cords--you're set. Enjoy that beautiful stove this winter.

Great lookin' stove with a huge firebox!!

Enjoy!

Ray

fossil said:
That's a nice looking setup. I think you must have reversed the image file, though, because it makes it look as though the door hinges from the left. Rick

No photo reversing here. The door does hinge from the left. I really like it this way as I can add splits with my right hand.

I know, just kiddin'...old joke around here. Nice setup! Rick

very nice looking stove, congrats!

Status
Not open for further replies.