New Englander NC-30 it is.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockey

Minister of Fire
Dec 18, 2007
SW Ohio
I just found a deal on craigslist that I can't pass up. A New Englander NC-30 never installed, burned 1 time to cure the paint for $600.00. If it isn't enough to keep the wife in a thong all winter then I'll find another (wife or stove??).

I've posted before and was only entertaining thoughts of zc fireplaces with optional ducting because I will be heating from the basement and pushing close to 4000 sq ft to heat. There was a suggestion to try the NC-30 since I already have an insert on the 1st floor and would only need to burn both when the temp drops below 20 degrees at night, maybe 15-20 nights a year. I'm going to insulate the basement in the next couple of months and get the stove installed and ready for winter. I'm already anxious to try it out. i plan on picking it up on Friday afternoon.

My question is - should I use the insert the way I have been for the past couple of years and only burn the Englander when the temps warrant it or should I burn the Englander most of the time and use the insert for the supplemental heat? Any suggestions?

Below will be the Englanders diet.

Attachments

• DSC00009.JPG
    DSC00009.JPG
    56.3 KB · Views: 978
Not sure, but it looks like you have a lot of wood shortning to do to burn that in the 30. What length are your splits?

The splits are anywhere from between 10" and 25". You can see from the bucks that I get from a local veneer company they run the gammit in size and I have to deal with it. Sometimes instead of cutting them down with a chainsaw I just split them too long and put them in the miter saw during the winter as I bring them in. What is the firebox dimensions of the NC-30?

20" X 20" but 18" splits are the biggest ya wanna put in it. I cut everything at 16". It allows for more different wood configurations and also allows me to burn everything in either the 30 or in my smaller Jotuls.

Status
Not open for further replies.