New Englander pellet stove problem

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ewbod

Jan 13, 2009
Bozman, MD
I hooked up my stove ran dry for 20 minutes got the E-2 message, filled the hopper with pellets. Hit the on button once got the S U message then after 20 minutes got the E-2 message and unit stopped. Started again and again and it still runs for 20 minutes with the S U message and then give the E-2 message and shuts down. Does anyone know what's wrong. Thanks.

Mike from Englander stoves will be on shortly to help ya.....

Bigmanedb said:
I hooked up my stove ran dry for 20 minutes got the E-2 message, filled the hopper with pellets. Hit the on button once got the S U message then after 20 minutes got the E-2 message and unit stopped. Started again and again and it still runs for 20 minutes with the S U message and then give the E-2 message and shuts down. Does anyone know what's wrong. Thanks.

Hey Bigmanedb,
When you get the E2 message do you have a pot full of pellets, do they light?
The stove will shut down after 20 if there is no ""proof of fire" or it does not get up to temp. Also, I would check the far right button on the bottom 3 labled as "Air on Temp" That should always be at 1.

It lights fine and the hopper is working. I just turned it back on and put the air on temp on 1. I don't know if that's the problem but I'll see and get back with you

hello, Once your stove is stopped with the error message, try and see if every thing clears memory by unplugging the unit, see if that helps. take care

I just got off the line with Engander the person I talked to had me reset some of the buttons on the bottom and gave it more air but it still just lights and runs for 20 minutes and then goes to E-2 and shuts down. I'll try calling again.

Well talked to a technician again he had me change the setting from a to c but it still burns for 20minutes and then shuts down.

Well I think we found the problem. Evidently a mouse got in and chewed the heat sensor wire in half. So now I've ordered one and I believe it will fix my problem.

Wow, thats a problem I have not seen on the board yet.

You need a cat......

sorry, just ran across the thread, do you have a new sensor inbound , may not read correctly with spliced wires due to the low voltage resistance values the sensor works with , if not , get back in touch and get a new sensor on the way

Bigmanedb said:
Well talked to a technician again he had me change the setting from a to c but it still burns for 20minutes and then shuts down.

What is the difference between the two settings?

Raven20 said:
You need a cat......

Or an Italian Greyhound. They hate small critters.

I hope the mouse incident was your problem. One problem I have had with the E-2 error code turned out to be a cracked vacuum hose. The hose had got hardened from the heat where it attached to the combustion blower.Cut off about an inch or two and put it back on. This year I had to buy some new hose. This year the stove just shut down while operating. Luckily I was home, as smoke came out thru several places. About as soon as I thought I had the smoke cleared, I opened the hopper and it gushed from there. Pellets were smoldering in the lower auger tube and potentially could have made their way into the hopper if there was enough oxygen. Had just brought my son home from the hospital after surgery and it made for a wild night. Oh, yeah, one more thing,

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.