New Englander User, Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CJ03

Nov 25, 2008
maine
Hi All,
I am a new owner of a Englander PVD and have a question about the vents on the side of the stove. I get good air out of the top vents but i don't feel any air coming out of the vents on the side. I looked through the manual but did not find anything obvious about the air flow that is supposed to come out of those. Are they supposed to be used for air flow or more like a decorative part.
Thanks for all your replies.

Aren't those intake vents?

packerfan said:
I have the same stove, and while some air does blow from the top area of the side vents, I think it is mostly for decoration as you mentioned. As mentioned above, the lower parts may be used for intake, but I'm not sure on that.

Don't blame you for being on here instead of watching game. ;)

P.S. Thanx for Favre!! :)

kbd627 said:
packerfan said:
I have the same stove, and while some air does blow from the top area of the side vents, I think it is mostly for decoration as you mentioned. As mentioned above, the lower parts may be used for intake, but I'm not sure on that.

Don't blame you for being on here instead of watching game. ;)

P.S. Thanx for Favre!! :)

lol Enjoy Brett while he's there.

I have and Englander, different model, and talked with tech support about the same issue. They are air intake vents, warn air does come out the top near the heat exchanger but, the vents bring room air into the stove to blow over the exchangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.