New Enviro M55 auger won't turn for newbie

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nhguy

Dec 4, 2010
southern nh
Just bought an Enviro M55 in Oct. It ran great for the first month and change. I cleaned it weekly with the ash vac. I was burning Home Depot "Freedom Fuel" brand pellets. I run the stove and hear the fans and the auger motor humming, seems like the normal "turning noise", but when I open the hopper the auger is always in the same position and has never turned while it still makes that noise. Per the dealer's advice, I used a coat hanger to loosen any stuck pellets, dust, etc. and got what I believe to be most everything out, but no luck. The auger motor still makes the usual noise. The dealer suggested I "tap" the motor as well. I'm not so keen on that. Any ideas before a damn service call??

Sounds like the couple loosened up so the motor isnt driving the auger. That stove is under warranty and AFAIK is the dealers problem just as much as yours. Ask him to come and check it out! Nicely that is!

If he refuse's to, The I would be calling Enviro costumer service.

It is very very simple to check the coupler that J is talking about. It is a collar that has a square headed bolt that connects the auger motor to the auger shaft. If the bolt comes loose, the motor will turn, but the auger will not. However, this bolt is what secures the auger motor to the shaft. If it is loose, the auger motor can fall off. If it is loose make sure you line the auger motor shaft "flat spot" with the bolt before you tighten. You will see what I am saying when you see it. It is such an easy thing to check, if it were me I'd for sure check it out before you have the dealer come out.
Flynfrfun

If your still able to maintain a fire the auger must be feeding. On my M55 when you open the hopper the auger does not turn. There is a magnetic switch
on the hopper lid that when opened cuts off the auger, close the lid and it re-engages. I have the freestanding model.

Status
Not open for further replies.