New Enviro M55 Cast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenpounder

Sep 26, 2012
Upstate, NY
With the great input from the folks here of the Pellet Mill. I have purchased a M55 and had it installed earlier this week... Thanks.
Now I have to search for the best food for it...

M55 Cast FS Diamond black. Oak'ed. Burning up some Dry creeks that seem to be burning quite well. IMG_20121113_145444.jpgIMG_20121113_145520.jpg

With the great input from the folks here of the Pellet Mill. I have purchased a M55 and had it installed earlier this week... Thanks.

M55 Cast FS Diamond black. Oak'ed. Burning up some Dry creeks that seem to be burning quite well. View attachment 81152View attachment 81153[/quote

Great lookin stove ! M 55 on my list for new stove. I'm burning Dry creeks right now and they are doing pretty good for me too. Good luck with the new toy!

Schoondog

Looks sweet...welcome to the forum! One guess is you will be cranking the volume on that t.v....small price to pay!

One of the best looking set-ups I've seen. Gorgeous!

That is a M55 Brochure worthy install. Beautiful!

As far as food is concerned..... I burnt Okies all last winter and got excellent heat from them. This year, Okies were $300/ton so I decided to use a cheaper brand. I am currently burning MWP blend and still getting excellent heat out of the stove, so I'm glad I did not spend the extra dollars on the Okies. The only difference is that the MWP's tend to leave more ash behind. I clean my stoves once a week though, so it isn't really an issue.

Yes, very nice looking! :)

Is that Selkirk Direct Temp Venting? If so, could you share some details of what parts you used, how you vented it and how you hooked up the OAK? I like the way the pipe is centered. Does the M55 have a centered exhuast vent or did you use an angled adapter?

Wow! Very impressive. Congrats.

Very nice set up. Enjoy and welcome.

Looks great!!
I am thinking of the same stove.....do you have a problem with the noise of the stove being so close to the TV?

Thanks to every one for the comments. The stove works great. Burns and nice flame and heats well. Burned through a couple bags so far. I had the stove installed so the real compliments go to the great guys at Leroy Hearth and home in Leroy NY. Kind, Fun, and Smart people.
I'm not to sure who's pipe was used on the exhaust. I'll try to snap some pics soon. The oak goes through the wall into the chimney and out the clean out on the exterior, bottom of my chimney.
The stove works great. The noise from the fan isn't to bad on settings 3 or lower. Over 3 and it does drown the tv a bit but is tolerable in my opinion. I chose the diamond black enamel for the ease of cleaning and it won't gray out over time.

M55 Cast FS Diamond black. Oak'ed. Burning up some Dry creeks that seem to be burning quite well. View attachment 81152View attachment 81153
How had the stove worked out? I'm 90% sold on the ENVIRO M55 Cast but looking to here what people's experience has been.

I will say with the m55 you do not have to be to picky with buying pellets. They will darn near eat through anything. If you can get to lowes or HD save yourself some money and try a couple bags of presto logs, stove chow, or even a tractor supply brand like pure fire. They burn well and really throw some heat, and they do not break the bank. By the way Beautiful install!

Reactions: jtakeman
How had the stove worked out? I'm 90% sold on the ENVIRO M55 Cast but looking to here what people's experience has been.
I will say with the m55 you do not have to be to picky with buying pellets. They will darn near eat through anything. If you can get to lowes or HD save yourself some money and try a couple bags of presto logs, stove chow, or even a tractor supply brand like pure fire. They burn well and really throw some heat, and they do not break the bank. By the way Beautiful install!

Great review even though yours has put you through some heck.

Pro's
Beautiful stoves. Eat pellets of any grade/burns multifuels. Excellent heat exchanger that gets the heat into the house and not up the vent. No daily cleaning/scraping with the self cleaning burnpot. One of the better air wash systems to keep the glass clean. BTU rating is closer to reality than some of the other stoves out there. Consistent starts one of the best I have seen(I have only one miss in 4 seasons/ Only cuss it had a broken igniter).

Con's
Sherwood tried to make a quick/easy exhaust motor removal. It turned on them and is a bit prone to leaks if the dealer/tech isn't careful. Not a deal killer, But might be a head ache if the dealer tech isn't savvy. Members have be able to get them sealed up with a few tricks. A few extra moving parts with the agitator. Some of the replacement parts are a bit pricey. Small ash pan with the cast version.

Best tip is to make sure you have a top notch dealer. Like Harman. The dealer is responsible for the ill issues these units can have.

Reactions: Brokenwing
Hey, The stove has been excellent. I have no complaints. cleans easy, takes my abuse/neglect, and keeps it warm. I have burned though almost a ton of green supreme's that I purchased at TSC. no complaints with this pellet. I don't heat my home with it this unit but I'm sure I could. As with anything manufactured today... if your a gear head as I am, it seems pretty easy to service. while i was learning about it (taking it apart for no reason), I found the panel that holds the ECU to be installed incorrectly. Nothing major, just shows the fact that theres always room for improvement on the manufactures end.

No complaints here. Really no issues in 2 years of burning (approx 6-7 tons). Noise was initially a concern but don't notice it anymore. I probably should've followed others advice and compared the noise levels between this and the other stoves I was considering.

thats great! I've been lurking around the site for a few months now flip flopping between the mt vernon e2 and the m55 cast. I finally think I am going to pull the trigger on the 55. They are about the same price here. Deciding factor is the dealer for enviro has a better track record and its rated at a little higher btu

My stove has been great. No complaints mechanically. I did find the panel holding the main circuit board not aligned correctly but it was no big deal fixing. Heat output is nice. Does a great job shouldering the house is the fall and winter so I don't have to turn the furnace on so soon to keep the wife and kids warm. It will heat my house fine on these sub-zero nights, but it isn't my main source. It gets a good thorough cleaning at the end of each season. It comes apart for service fairly easily and takes an hour or so to clean. The fan is a little loud, but is tolerable. I have no big complaints of it.

is there a top vent option of them? How did you run yours with the pipe to make it look like a woodstove?

Status
Not open for further replies.