New Find

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Saw a tree down on this hill when I was heading home and looking for new stuff, looks like a good beech. The second picture is the area I want the rhino so I can winch it up, the old trail leads there but needs some clearing. If I can't get there I'll buck it up and roll it down the hill.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2431.jpg
    100_2431.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 232
  • 100_2432.jpg
    100_2432.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 100_2433.jpg
    100_2433.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 218
Rolling downhill is not all bad, especially if you have a problem reaching the wood. All that winching sounds like it takes a lot of time.

Jags said:
Maybe consider winching it up in sections? It would minimize your saw work on the hill. It looks doable.

Jags, that is my plan. Clearing the old trail in should take about one hour depending on how much snow we get, plus we have a cherry and another beech on the way in that are down.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.