New Fireplace Finally in~ Pics!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scottandlorig

Hearth Supporter
Dec 18, 2010
Davison, MI.
We started the day after Christmas and it is finally done! The mortar is still drying.......
All that's left is to cut and re-strech the carpet. This thing will heat my whole house, our gas furnace is off for the winter, we love it!!
And no, Im not a ducks fan! LOL

Attachments

• fireb4.jpg
    fireb4.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 670
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 685
  • DONE.jpg
    DONE.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 409
Wow, what a difference that made in the room - beautiful! Love the stone work around the fireplace. I just hope that flat screen is safe up there!

Cate said:
Wow, what a difference that made in the room - beautiful! Love the stone work around the fireplace. I just hope that flat screen is safe up there!
The limestone mantle is huge, it is in perfect position to block the heat.

Nice job man! The flat screen should be good. Get a therm and put it right behind the flat screen. Take a temp reading and refer to the online owerns manual, or if you have the owners manual handy. Mine is rated for 110 deg. I have mine closer, but have a mantle that extends 12". Make sure you take readings without the blower on. This is when you have the most heat. Like I said, you should be good.

Enjoy.....!!!!

WooDpSycho said:
Cate said:
The limestone mantle is huge, it is in perfect position to block the heat.

Be sure to post more pictures once you get the carpet and curtains finished, and the room arranged...I'd love to see the final product!

Great job, It looks great, and it is heating your place, saving you $

WooDpSycho said:
We started the day after Christmas and it is finally done! The mortar is still drying.......
All that's left is to cut and re-strech the carpet. This thing will heat my whole house, our gas furnace is off for the winter, we love it!!
And no, Im not a ducks fan! LOL

Great job.

zap

So the real question is . . . which do you find yourself watching more of . . . the TV . . . or that great looking stove insert on the fantastic looking hearth?

Be sure to post more pictures once you get the carpet and curtains finished, and the room arranged...I'd love to see the final product![/quote]

And this time tune to a channel with some "hot babes."

I love the stone work - did you do that yourself? For me, I had a friend with experience and he helped me out. Really enjoyed the project.

firefighterjake said:
So the real question is . . . which do you find yourself watching more of . . . the TV . . . or that great looking stove insert on the fantastic looking hearth?

Well the 63" for sure, specially during football season.
But I do find myself looking at it quit often!

I broke my back years ago so I had to hire out the work.

The carpet is back in and the furniture in place, I will be posting the final pics soon.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Here is the final pic. Carpet installed and furniture back in place......

Attachments

• DONE.jpg
    DONE.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 387
WOW!! Very Nice!

I'm afraid I cannot abide the TV on a beautiful stone hearth.
Not meaning to be critical....I like it overall.

That is beautiful! You must have put a lot of thought into that and the final is great.

granpajohn said:
I'm afraid I cannot abide the TV on a beautiful stone hearth.
Not meaning to be critical....I like it overall.

I respect your opinion but like I told my wife b4 we built.... "honey I got the big screen, now I'll build you a dream house around it" lol

Thats beautiful great job!

Billy

man that rocks. (pun intended)

Status
Not open for further replies.