New Fireplace Tool

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffesonm

Minister of Fire
May 29, 2012
central NJ
I got tired of trying to separate coals from ash with the shovel so I made myself a little scooper/sifter. All the parts were from the garage... an old fireplace brush, some expanded steel salvaged from some old project and a radiator cover I cut up and bent. Used tin snips, angle grinder and the 110v MIG welder I bought off CL not long ago. I'm just figuring out how to weld but it's really nice to have around when you need it.

tool1.jpg tool2.jpg

That looks nice. I still need to fab one up in the black smith shop but have not been smashing hot steel for a while now. Dog gone life getting in the way of my fun projects.

Reactions: TreePointer
Status
Not open for further replies.