New Free Saw - Husqvarna 61

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hey guys,

My neighbor is an older gentleman and we are great friends - he's had a Husq 61 for about 25 years (not sure how old the saw is, but he bought it used at that time). He hasn't used it in a very long time and never planned to use again. So, him knowing I like saws a lot, brought down the 61 and gave it to me last Friday. Cleaned her up a bit and added some fresh mix. Fired right up and runs very strong - great compression and piston is spotless. Saw was really clean - he must have cleaned the saw regularly after use. IMG_3328[2].JPG IMG_3327[1].JPG Pretty good deal! Has a short bar on it now - might keep the short bar for fast cutting of smaller diameter wood - but the saw is pretty heavy for light work. I posted a couple pics for your viewing pleasure! Cheers!

Thats awesome ! sounds like a great neighbor you have there ! Make sure your there for him ,when he needs you . :) husky 61 is a great saw from what ive heard from them that own them.

Thanks John Boy - we are good friends and I do help him with many, many projects that he has a hard time completing - he does the same for me if I need tractor work, etc. Great friends are priceless! Cheers!

Reactions: JOHN BOY
I just bought that same saw on Craigslist last week. Mine's a little prettier and came with a new bar, but it wasn't free. Unfortunately mine doesn't run. It's got an ignition problem, and I'm still trying to puzzle out whether it's the coil or the trigger module (these older ones had 2-piece ignitions). I'd rather not buy both when it surely only needs one, but the only surefire diagnostic method I've found online is to swap out the components for known good ones.

I just bought that same saw on Craigslist last week. Mine's a little prettier and came with a new bar, but it wasn't free. Unfortunately mine doesn't run. It's got an ignition problem, and I'm still trying to puzzle out whether it's the coil or the trigger module (these older ones had 2-piece ignitions). I'd rather not buy both when it surely only needs one, but the only surefire diagnostic method I've found online is to swap out the components for known good ones.

Some expensive parts too - even uses are pretty pricey - if this wasn't my good buddy's saw, it would be parted out - keeping is as a memory piece from our friendship - good luck! Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.