NEW FRIEND WITH A SMALL FIREPLACE

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TOOCHEAP4ELECTRIC

Dec 13, 2013
NEW PARIS OHIO
HELLO BURNERS
I HAVE A RELATIVELY SMALL FIREPLACE OPENING 26.5 W 25 H 20 D WITH A 25.5 HEARTH WAS LOOKING FOR THE BEST OPTION INSERT OR FREE STANDING ON HEARTH TO HEAT 1600 SF IN COLD OHIO. IM HAVING TROUBLE FINDING INSERTS FOR THAT SMALL OF AN OPENING THAT WOULD DO THE TRICK.. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE TERRIFIC BECAUSE THE ALL ELECTRIC FURNACE IS KILLING ME. THANKS

We just installed a Jotul f100 nordic because our 250 yr old chimney has issues, we used this fireplace nightly and wanted something in that room. We had the job done by a trusted sweep, he took out the damper installed a plate at the lintel level and ran a heavy duty smooth walled stainless flex pipe the length of the flue filled the the void with vermiculite, it has worked great the stove is fully inside the fireplace which creates a convection effect. If you do something like this make sure you use the highest quality stainless pipe, good luck.

HELLO BURNERS
I HAVE A RELATIVELY SMALL FIREPLACE OPENING 26.5 W 25 H 20 D WITH A 25.5 HEARTH WAS LOOKING FOR THE BEST OPTION INSERT OR FREE STANDING ON HEARTH TO HEAT 1600 SF IN COLD OHIO. IM HAVING TROUBLE FINDING INSERTS FOR THAT SMALL OF AN OPENING THAT WOULD DO THE TRICK.. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE TERRIFIC BECAUSE THE ALL ELECTRIC FURNACE IS KILLING ME. THANKS
THANKS MIKEY
I WILL RESEARCH THAT MODEL. THE CURRENT INSERT THAT CAME WITH THE HOUSE IS JUST NOT DOING THE TRICK. YOU HAVE TO BE RIGHT NEXT TO IT TO EVEN FEEL THE HEAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.