New Garden pictures, chimney pictures and wood stack pictures!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
O' "DEER" what a wood pile ! Good look'n garden . We'll all be over for drinks .

Corie, nice pics, nice garden, nice deere !

Your stove pipe installation looks almost exactly like mine...........except mine comes through the wall about where your first pipe joint is on side of siding.

Straps, bracing etc. look very similar.

Great looking setup, is your stove in your basement ?

Robbie.

Yep, stove is in the basement. Used to be a pellet stove with a termination cap, but I blasted out the little hole and installed the 6 inch pipe for the new stove two years ago. :)

Where your block meets siding is like where my block meets board and batton type white pine siding, then above that is my living room floor. My stove is sitting in the far corner of my living room and pipe comes out about 5 ft. above floor, makes one turn then out like yours.

So far mine has performed like a dream as far as drawing, except just occasionally it might spill a little smoke if I am messing around with the coal bed too much, getting reading to load for the night. If I'm careful and give it a minute to make sure it's drawing after opening door, then it does great.

I may even add a 2 ft. section on to my pipe to assist in these few times it is contrary. I have never had a problem with cold effecting the pipe or draw, I assume it's because its double wall insulated, I really don't know.

So far I really like this stainless pipe setup and it was really easy to install.

(sorry for the off topic)

Robbie.

Status
Not open for further replies.