1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

New Garden pictures, chimney pictures and wood stack pictures!

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Corie, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Roospike

Roospike New Member

Loc:
    Eastern Nebraska
    O' "DEER" what a wood pile ! Good look'n garden . We'll all be over for drinks .
  3. Robbie

Robbie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    East Tennessee- Great Smoky Mountains.
    Corie, nice pics, nice garden, nice deere !

Your stove pipe installation looks almost exactly like mine...........except mine comes through the wall about where your first pipe joint is on side of siding.

Straps, bracing etc. look very similar.

Great looking setup, is your stove in your basement ?

Robbie.
  4. Corie

Corie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Halifax, VA
    Yep, stove is in the basement. Used to be a pellet stove with a termination cap, but I blasted out the little hole and installed the 6 inch pipe for the new stove two years ago. :)
  5. Robbie

Robbie Minister of Fire

Loc:
    East Tennessee- Great Smoky Mountains.
    Where your block meets siding is like where my block meets board and batton type white pine siding, then above that is my living room floor. My stove is sitting in the far corner of my living room and pipe comes out about 5 ft. above floor, makes one turn then out like yours.

So far mine has performed like a dream as far as drawing, except just occasionally it might spill a little smoke if I am messing around with the coal bed too much, getting reading to load for the night. If I'm careful and give it a minute to make sure it's drawing after opening door, then it does great.

I may even add a 2 ft. section on to my pipe to assist in these few times it is contrary. I have never had a problem with cold effecting the pipe or draw, I assume it's because its double wall insulated, I really don't know.

So far I really like this stainless pipe setup and it was really easy to install.

(sorry for the off topic)

Robbie.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.