new gasifier on e-bay....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

radarblip

Oct 12, 2008
South PA (Apple Country!)
I saw that one. I also noticed it said 220V/50 hz. Sounds like it wasn't made for the US market though it could work. I also wonder about any needed certifications for some installs. I wouldn't have any qualms about installing it.

Mike

It's cheap, and it's in Baltimore!!!

I may have to go check this thing out. Anyone here know Lithuanian???

Chris

Redox..let us know what you find there!! Are they an authorized dealer with parts on hand, etc? Price sure is right!!! I would be willing to make the 4 hour trip to Balt. if it all works out! I was interested in the Atmos in Ct. but they have limited parts in stock and are just starting to sell them...and not actually an Atmos dealer. I don't want to be penny wise and dollar foolish!

I didn't realize when I posted that it was alrerady sold for $2150. I think I might have paid $2k for a gasifier, even if it didn't speak English. 220V 50 Hz is not an insurmaountable problem for me and 85 KBTU would have been about right.

Any idea on the pricing for the Atmos? It hasn't been on my radar.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.