New graphical NFCS toolkit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dzook

Since nofossil introduced the widget tools I have had some time to play with them. There is a lot of cool thing that can be done with them including Christmas trees with temperature sensors like in Nofo's Christmas greeting on this forum. I started with a gif background that Nofo created when we were designing the system, then added dials that show sensor readings and placed them on the drawing in their proper location. Three bar widgets were layered in the 500g tank to show different layers with text widgets showing temperatures. Light widgets were used to show when circulators are in operation.

For fun I set up a light with a nimbus control and a webcam looking at the light. The webcam stream is embedded into the main web page. The switch widget to the left of the webcam can turn switch on to 80 percent brightness. When switch is turned off a timer counts down the analog output delivered to the light and the output drops from 80 percent to zero. Somewhere around 35 percent the light turns off. Click it and watch it change live. At least until it gets moved.

As nofossil noted before use chrome,safari, or firefox to view, will not work with explorer.

link to the NFCS live control panel

Cool! I really love the switch graphic that you use for the light control, and I never thought of layered bar graphs.

The great thing about all of this is I create a tool, and other people figure out what it's actually good for.

By the way - if you leave the last parameter (label text) out of the config line for a dial gauge, it will just leave the label blank.

Thanks for your help testing this out. The light and webcam is wonderful.

Thanks Nofossil,
This was a great Christmas gift. I guess this will test to see how multiple users will affect the system. Probably without the embedded cam it would load faster with multiple users. I didn't have much trouble with fast screen refresh but I'm remote now with the iPad and watched someone turn it on. It seems to refresh slower possibly from increased traffic. After trying to get the toggle widget to work thru my firewall and ports I saw how it worked and thought of making a real switch graphic ... Now if I could just make it a sound a click when the switch is toggled.

Status
Not open for further replies.