New Greenwood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muleman51

Feb 18, 2008
SE Minnesota
So what did they change on the new greenwood.Their website doesn't show anything to convince me that they have changed. No Only two pictures or no diagrams. Tough way to sell a new stove considering its past shortcomings. I still like the fact that you don't have to split your wood down to kindling, if they can get the other bugs out.

I bet those are "last years models". I heard from a bud that Pro-Fab in Manitoba was stuck with 150 of them and was trying to get rid of them anyway they could.

I just looked at there web site and the "New" Greenwood is different that the old one as far as their pictures go. It also says it drafts through the front door to eliminate the smoking problem when the door is open. I emailed them and asked if it was an open or closed system. I'm curious what the changes are.
Doug

im purchasing a empyer pro 200 wich i hear is a copy of the greenwood. Can you describe the problems with the greenwood? was that thier outdoor boiler that the problems were with?
barkeatr

The issues I know about are with the indoor units. They had to do with servicability mainly cleaning the tubes, it's a completely different style of boiler than what you are looking at.

When they built the seton design at the plant in ohio? they redesigned it with a bypass damper to keep the smoke out of your face.Ihave never heard how well it works. It looked like a good design as long as it did not get all mucked up from creosote.

Status
Not open for further replies.