new guy from green bay wisconsin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jaydenjeremy

Dec 19, 2012
Green Bay Wisconsin
i see a couple people on here in the area.
where is every one getting pellets in my neck of the woods ?
and how much are you getting them for?
any brand i should not use?
thanks for the help

How's the weather up there? Any of Green Bay (by Sturgeon Bay) iced over enough to go out there?

I'll be up in Sturgeon Bay for work at the end of the month

Welcome jay! GO PACK GO!

We are in Abrams.

The Jed's are a good pellet at earth sense if you can afford them.

Not enough ice on the bay yet. Cold, but calling for 30's this week with possible rain/snow on thurs.

How's the weather up there? Any of Green Bay (by Sturgeon Bay) iced over enough to go out there?

I'll be up in Sturgeon Bay for work at the end of the month

as of right now it's 8 out side
it was below 32 all week so there is ice being made. not sure how much is out there.
it is going to be warm this week comeing up 32 - 36 for highs

Jay, Here's the Earthsense price list, not sure how current it is. I do know that the Uncle Jed's softwoods cost me $245 a ton at the discount price once the 30-mile delivery charge was factored in. That's from an Earthsense franchisee in Beaver Dam (Gary Propst, great guy).

I just picked up some Marth pellets from Menard's yesterday for $3.89 a bag. If you have a Farm & Fleet nearby, they may have Lumberjacks. Indeck is another brand they may stock but those didn't burn well in my boiler.

where is every one getting pellets in my neck of the woods ?
and how much are you getting them for?
any brand i should not use?
thanks for the help

Cheese heads are welcome too! Welcome to the circus!

Im on the other side of the state but iv been burning the Lumberjack pallets and they seem to do well. The Marth are ok also. Iv also burned the indeck and didnt like like them.

Menards and Farm and Fleet have pellets. I purchase mine by the ton from my local co op.

We get the rib mountain pellets from a guy not far from us. The price went up to $225 a ton this year.

Im about a half hour south of GB by Manitowoc and have been using Uncle Jed's from Earthsense and they have been working great. Yea a little more money but at least it's a good pellet. It's $4.98 a bag or $245 a ton.

Yesterday morning was 4 degrees out and the house is 74! Got to love it!

Welcome aboard. Are you actually in Green Bay? I tell people that and I don't live in Green Bay. How much are you willing to spend? And how far are you willing to travel?

We get the rib mountain pellets from a guy not far from us. The price went up to $225 a ton this year.
are you getting this at central sales and consignment?
i have got some of the hardwood wood fiber from them and didn't like them at all. too much ash
nice guy out there.i would like to give him one try.just don't want any more junk pellets

i am on the west side of green bay. i have a trailer so i can go any where for the right price.
where do you get your pellets?
typically at earth sense. but I'm a preferred customer so I get better pricing. If I were you I'd give the Ribs a try from Central. A nice pine pellet grown and produced locally.

Yes that's the place.

The wood fiber pellets suck. We tried the as a shoulder pellet this year. They were horrible! Tons of ash.

The rib mts are much better

No never tried ff pellets. That seems kind of pricy.

where is every one getting pellets in my neck of the woods ?.....

One of our resident "characters" and all around great guy "Krooser" is in the Amherst area. Send him a PM for his pellet info.

Avoid the Marth hardwoods from Farm and Barn like the plague... Jed's are good... any Doug Fir pellet will make your life easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.