new guy needing help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked the local building inspector when I applied for my permit. He said that since it's a "UL listed appliance" it only requires installation conforming to the manufacturer's requirements. That being said I have not got my inspection yet but I imagine he will check floor protection, wall/combustible clearance, venting location and termination. You can download the manual for the Advance (thanks Lake Girl) and it will cover all of that. I would say that if you can't find anything that says you can't do something than you can... Read it fully, including notes and captions. Is it the fact that it's 'through concrete' or is it a structural issue, or location of stove (garage or shop)? You can always ask the building inspector to do a pre-inspection or ask when you apply for your permit.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.