New Guy needing some input

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clifford42791

Nov 17, 2015
LaGrange NY
I have Been Lurking around the site for over a year now and have learned a ton from all of you guys. Well the last 2 days my stove has been giving me a headache. Its a jotul 8 the first Generation with the draft wheel in the front no Cat. The last two days no matter what I do I can not get this stove up to temp. I have a good wood supply with 2.5-3 year old mix hardwood. Oak, Locus Cherry makes up the most of it. Its vented through a interior 25ft chimney which is lined with a 6" liner. The wood is not taking off like it normally does which is odd Because last season and all of this current season I burnt this same wood and the stove would run 550-600 degress steady now I cant not push it past 400 degrees everything is the same but the stoves performance I am at a loss on what to try. Btw Im Patrick nice to meet you guys haha

Yes I discovered the problem. when I pulled the ash out of the stove I did not notice that the bottom burn plate was plugged with ash not allowing the air to circulate as it should I let the fire die down and cleaned it out as I type this the stove is running at 550 degrees steady
Thank you for the helping hand claydogg84 appreciate it !

Status
Not open for further replies.