New guy needs help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoffma10

Aug 1, 2014
Lebanon, IN
I am new to the forum and this is my first post. My wife and I recently purchased our home. As we have moved in and now settled in we have begun to consider making some changes to our fireplace. There is currently what I would call a wood burning insert with a blower on it. I have taken some pictures and I will attempt to post them below. The first picture is the front of the unit. the next two are pictures of the plate on the side with all of the manufacture information. Sorry for the quality I couldn't pull the unit out any farther since it is extremely heavy. the last picture is what inside the door looks like. I was wondering if anyone knew much about this particular brand or model of stove. Also does anyone know who or where I could go about selling this stove. Also if it helps I am located in central Indiana. Thanks in advance.

2014-07-28 22.30.52.jpg 2014-07-28 22.32.27.jpg 2014-07-28 22.32.44.jpg 2014-07-28 22.34.29.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
first...welcome to the forum. I took a peek on line at Vansco Industries and couldn't find current listings for the stove. I did see a lot of places that appeared to sell replacement parts so that would cause me to believe that it is no longer produced...but I could be mistaken. May I ask why you want to sell it? are you hesitant about burning an inset/wood appliance or do you want to use the fireplace? inserts can be a real advantage over an open fireplace. Sorry I couldn't help but i'm sure that someone will be able to help and will be around after a bit.

That's a Treemont catalytic stove. They were respectable heaters from what I hear. Expect dirty glass and to replace the cats every few years.
To sell it, put it on Craigslist for a few hundred and it should sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.