New guy, new addiction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tall guys have a great advantage over us vertically challenged folks. At 6'4", your overhead reach is at least a foot higher than mine is. I need to give gravity a little assist, and that can mess up your accuracy. I don't like to aim at the edges, I think that's dangerous. On big rounds I try for the center on the far side, one in the direct center then one in the center on the near side, all in a line. Sometimes it pops on the second shot. That's the idea, anyways. I'm no Quads, I rarely get them perfectly in line.

Once the round is halved, I can usually go to an axe for the rest. Of course, I don't deal with those honking big rounds I see some of you scroungers drag home. That's wedge-n-sledge material to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.