New Guy - Saying Hello with Pics!

LuckyLane Posted By LuckyLane, Feb 16, 2013 at 8:55 AM

1. DexterDay

DexterDay
    Guest 2.
    NULL

And another near Middleburgh Hts where I work!! They are now EVERYWHERE!!!

Although, the Ashland store is still the "Fin" in my opinion. Always will be the best. ;)

Locust Post likes this.
  2. Boog

Boog
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2012
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    Where is the new store in Canton? I've only ever seen them with a small setup at gun shows.

3. Woody Stover

Woody Stover
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 25, 2010
    Loc:
    Southern IN
    Welcome, LL! Looks like it won't be long until you're enjoying the great feeling of being many years ahead on your wood. :cool:
    After looking at the first set of pics with the Cherry and what looks like Crottenwood, I began to wonder if you had any high-output wood in the stacks. ==c The BL will be good in a couple of years, but have you been burning some longer-lasting stuff this year? Maybe you got some dead standing wood last year that was dry enough to use this season?

4. Locust Post

Locust Post
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jan 12, 2012
    Loc:
    Northeast Ohio
    Across from Belden Village Mall (southeast corner of the mall) across the street by Mulligans Pub

5. Boog

Boog
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Oct 31, 2012
    Loc:
    NE Ohio
    That's going to be a problem...............I'm right by the mall about 3 times a year doing some biosafety consulting for a client............... money in ------>------>money out!

6. LuckyLane

LuckyLane
    Member 2.
    NULL

Feb 16, 2013
    Loc:
    North Central Ohio
    My stacks are primarily locust (75%) with some cherry, maple, pine, and a few other species that I cannot identify making up the balance. The 2 cords I've burned this winter were split and stacked last winter. Being new, I did purchase a moisture meter and the wood I'm burning is measuring between 17-20%. I think a lot has to do with the location of my stacks. High point on the property, stacked east to west, full southern exposure with no shade, and minimum of a foot between each row. Here's a picture from this evening.

IMG_1373.JPG

Came home from work around 6:00, put 3-4 splits (cherry, locust, and pine) on after raking the coals to one side and took this picture shortly after 8:00 pm. This will produce decent heat until i reload for the night around 10:00. I'm getting good secondary burn and decent ignition on coals after 10 or so hours. I have run into some less than ideal wood in the stack and the difference is immediately noticeable. I can't wait until next winter to try 2 year seasoned wood!

7. Woody Stover

Woody Stover
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 25, 2010
    Loc:
    Southern IN
    Last year wasn't bad but this is the first year I've had really dry wood to burn (two-year stacked dead standing Ash, Red Oak and BL,) even though I've been burning for about 25 years. ;lol:rolleyes:
    I don't have a tube stove but I can tell you, now that I'm burning <17% wood I'm really lovin' it!! :cool: