new guy summers heat 50-SNC13LC 1800 sq

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fuweasel

Oct 29, 2008
garden city mich
i just bought a new wood stove from lowes i got the summers heat 50-SNC13LC 1800 sq any one know how many hours it will burn on a full load ? after reading about the vogelzang on this site i pushed it aside{still have it but will never use it } and went to lowes. thanks too everyone on this site .mabe even saved my life .

I don't know how many hours it will burn but it seems like that's only part of the equation. My stove is bigger but I'm already having a hard time heating the downstairs (1200sq.ft.) though it will burn 10+ hours.

just got the heaeth pad done built it out of brick . i will be doing the chimney thursday hope to fire it up after that . i will be burning oak and apple and cherry wood .

Do you have pictures of your hearthpad? I wanted to make mine out of brick, but I was concerned about not hitting the r value of 2. If I stand an 8 inch brick on end and put it on two layers of durock then I think I'll hit it! That's a tall hearth pad, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.