(New Guy) Whitfield Gasket Availability

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

opus74

Nov 19, 2009
Coello, IL
www.silweather.com
I have learned so much since starting to read this forum....

I am looking for a new door gasket for my 1997 Whitfield Advantage Plus Freestanding Stove.

I have a part # of 61057100. Says it 7' long.

Any chance of finding one of these, and how does one change it? Is it "glued" in or what?

As you can see by my sig, I've had the stove many years, but little experience. :roll:

Thanks !!

Larry

Do you have the manual for the stove? If you do it may say what size gasket the door needs ie. 3/8, 1/2, 5/8 etc....

If you don't have the manual you could measure the exisitng gaskets width and buy a comparable width gasket. Lowe's and HD sell door gaskets, but have limited sizes on hand. Lowe's seems to have a a better gasket package with the clear glue in the package, but that may be just in my area. Stove shops will have a larger selection of gaskets for more money and the glue will most likely be seperate.

Thanks for the quick response Rap & MacMan.

:)

opus74 said:
I have learned so much since starting to read this forum....

I am looking for a new door gasket for my 1987 Whitfield Advantage Plus Freestanding Stove.

I have a part # of 61057100. Says it 7' long.

Any chance of finding one of these, and how does one change it? Is it "glued" in or what?

As you can see by my sig, I've had the stove many years, but little experience. :roll:

Thanks !!

Larry

Im sure your Advantage Plus WP7 is a 1997 and not 87
the very first whitfield was made in 1988

Advantage Plus FS
Pellet, Freestanding, WP7
MODEL YEARS: 1996 – 2000
61057100 Gasket Kit, Door (7' of 1/2" Firm)

Rod:

Thanks for the gasket info and for pointing out the typo in my signature line. :)
I goofed and copied it into the message. %-P

L

Status
Not open for further replies.