New Guy with a Harman Accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wsj5903

Nov 8, 2012
Whitelaw, WI
Hi all,
Just want to introduce myself and say thanks to everyone for all the great info on this site!! I have been reading on here for a couple months and decided to build a hearth and put a new pellet stove in our house. I have a newer home that is well insulated and we have a natural gas furnace but wanted another source of heat for the cold Wisconsin winters. Bought a 1 year old Harman Accentra FS that was just serviced and I couldn't be more thrilled and happy with it! This thing heats our 1700sqft house with no trouble at all! Been running Room Temp/Man. with the probe and its been great! Wife and I love the house being 75deg every night while its been in the teens outside. I think I have a new addiction to pellets and pellet stoves now! Just wanted to say hi and thanks everyone for all the great info on this site!

Wayne

DSC01392.jpg

Welcome to the funny farm!!!! Nice looking setup.

Very nice looking. I like your lighting. Better not let my wife see that or she will get ideas. What are you using for your up lighting?

Wow, you're my hero. 1st class setup! Welcome and enjoy!!!

PS - Crank up the heat and see if you can melt the snowpeople! Haha.

Wow, you're my hero. 1st class setup! Welcome and enjoy!!!

PS - Crank up the heat and see if you can melt the snowpeople! Haha.

Perfectly said. Well thought out.. Beautiful set up

Gonna go throw a beer can at my Freestanding corner stove :(

Gonna go throw a beer can at my Freestanding corner stove :(

That better be an EMPTY can do not waste beer;lol.

To the OP that is one sweet looking set up.

Reactions: DexterDay
Very nice, enjoy the Accentra.

Makes me nervous about posting my stove next week.. I guess I have time to come up with an elaborate scheme
to make it lit cool like yours LOL

Thanks everyone! It was a fun project this fall to do and I always wanted a pellet stove so the wife and I pulled the plug and did it. My head is already thinking of what I can do in the basement when we finish it off!

As for the lighting I used Xeon under cabinet lights going up on a dimmer, 6 of them and then used 3" can lights going down on a dimmer switch. I liked the Xeon look better than the LED lights you can buy since the LED has such a bright white look. This was more natural looking to us.

Effin "A"
Good Gawd.........Makes me feel kinda like a raggy here.... If you only knew!
Im willing to bet this man has a meticulous garage with a painted floor. I'm jealous. Nice install!

Very nice looking set up!

Very nice set up. I would send Harman that picture. You can also post it on their FaceBook page.

Eric

Did you do the tile work yourself?

Amazing tile job!

Kinda wish you would have put the XXV in there.

Either way its prolly the nicest setup I've ever seen.

Dont get any soot on that light colored grout, it wont ever come out.

yes, nice set up.i logged in many hours of tiling with pops as a kid.takes a lot of time and patience to come up with a finish product like that.congrats and enjoy the heat .great stove

Status
Not open for further replies.