New guy with stove pipe question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

medic310

Sep 2, 2015
Kansas
Hello folks, many year lerker here, finally signed up.

My question/ issue is this, Drolet Legend wood stove manual shows distance to combustibles on a corner install at 18" for both double or single wall stove pipe, however stove pipe manuf says double wall stove pipe is reduced to 6" clearance. Is the stove not able to use the reduced clearance afforded by double wall stove pipe?

One of these days I will post some pics of my hearth build and the drolet. Trying to finish install but ran into this issue.

Thanks for any help you may have,
Medic

Hmm, my older 2012 Legend manual shows the (C) 9" corner clearance for the Legend for both single-wall and double-wall pipe. Is this a Legend II? That shows 10". Normally a corner install is done with the stove sitting at a 45* angle to the wall.

This is the tested clearance. The unshielded Myriad and Austral are shown as 17". They can't reduce the clearance for double-wall because the flue collar is inboard on the stove. To bring the stove pipe (F) to 6" might put the corner of the stove right at the wall which would be unsafe.

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 1.37.32 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: medic310
Thank you for your reply, after looking at it your exactly right. Due to the stove pipes exit area on stove it pretty much requires the 18" from pipe to wall and 9" to corner. As you noted the legend II now has 10" to corners it apppears. My legend is the older one still showing 9" on its manual and appliance tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.