NEW GUY!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

illinoisboy

Oct 4, 2014
Marshall IL
Well i have been reading the forum since spring off and on, i bought my first wood furnace a FIRE CHIEF brand, i am incredibly blessed to live in southern illinois where i have the luxury to only cut red oak white oak hickory cherry and HEDGE yeah but i stull hav alot of questions so brace yourselves! i think i will go ahead with my first question, what is your guys on off setting for the blower on furnace? right now i am set on 150 degrees for fan and 100 for shutoff its fine with a full load but when i did my first burn overnight i noticed with out a good load it was a bit short cycled.

150* on 110* off is pretty typical. So is cycling, especially with a smaller fire. Is the blower speed adjustable?

I like a higher temp off spring and fall, lower temp off in the nasty's (winter).

Welcome to the forum. I too received a lot of help from the guys on here also...good luck

This is like matching circulator speed to heat load. With a fixed-speed fan, you'd ideally want the fan speed to be just fast enough to keep the jacket temp from climbing much above 150 when the fire is at full burn. That way, it won't short-cycle as much when the fire is lower. I've seen fans that were *way* too fast for the furnace. Of course, too slow would be worse. I once had a furnace that I set up with two smaller fans. The second fan only came on at higher temps.

Thanks Guys! i have a three speed fan i think it is like 1500 2500 3000 maybe a little less it all feels the same on the different speeds to me when i had ductwork off will be toying with it when it gets colder and i actully get to burn it has been high 40s of a night not cold enuf for me to burn yet but i am wanting colder weather so i can expiriment more so i will be posting newer questions as i go! its the

Status
Not open for further replies.