New guy!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hezz

May 25, 2015
Pasco, WA
I bought my first home this June, and since I first made an offer on it I have been excited about having a wood burner again for the first time in many years.

I have been reading everything I can find here and at a handful of other websites, probably a few hundred hours this summer to make informed choices. I want to say a sincere thank you to all of you that post your experiences and take time to help others.

The result of all this for me: my wife and I dragged the old Earth Stove insert out to the curb this last weekend, and we are going to have a BK Princess insert installed in the next few weeks. I have been scrounging up old dead tree firewood a little at a time and will have maybe two cord dry enough to burn this winter. Hoping to start laying up greener stuff for the following season soon as well, lots of apple orchards in this part of the world, so I'll be watching for tree retirements.

For years I have been looking forward to burning wood for heat, and for much of that time I'd assumed I would grab a Quadra-fire like my Father has used for 20 years, or maybe a P.E., but I have been very positively affected towards BK, Englander, and Woodstock. Lots of satisfied owners of those brands in here, and great support visible from the manufacturers, in case any companies are looking, that makes a difference to a guy like me.

I think the Princess will be the best fit for my family and they are kind of the home team for me as well, as I am only 50 miles from Walla Walla, so wish me luck!

Welcome aboard. The princess is reported to be a great stove with nice long burn times. It should be fun.

Welcome back to woodburning, and welcome to one of my favorite sites.

Welcome to Hearth!! Lots of great people here.

Welcome. You did great, I wish I discovered this site before I bought my stove, if I did I would have bought princess insert, I would have installed a block off plate and an insulated liner, and I would have had dry wood to burn. Oh well live and learn. I am sure you are going to be happy with your choice plus you will get a lot of great help from people here, their experience beats any dealer or customer service.

Got a text from the installer this morning, tomorrow the Princess should be installed. Still don't know enough to have a fresh air supply plumbed, but hopefully I can figure it out once I have the stove in my house. Also, I may have a line on as much apple wood as I can stand from an orchard retirement. Time to tune the pickup and sharpen the chainsaw!

Greetings, you should be very happy burning apple in that stove. For this winter, if you run short on wood there is also a great compressed wood product available, Northern Idaho Energy Logs, that will burn well in the Princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.