New guy.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

garmar

Jan 28, 2009
Missouri
Hi, everyone.

Joined up today. This seems to be a very lively forum. I think I will enjoy it here!

Let's see... I'm a cabinetmaker living in Missouri. I own 20 acres of mostly oak and hickory. I usually push dead stuff (my dad calls them 'pecker poles' and I'm not sure if it's because wood peckers make holes in them, or... well, never mind) over and pack it to my truck to cut up by the woodpile. I also cut deformed stuff and dying timber. You guys know, the standard stuff.

I guess anything else I say about my set-up would be redundant since I have them in my sig line.

See ya around!

gar.

Thanks!

I'm about 70 miles east of Springfield. Out in the boonies.

ah ha just wondering I live in Fort Scott KS about 15 miles from Nevada. Just seeing whos close. I do construction and do alot of work in Missouri.

Welcome to the forum garmar.

Hedgefire formerly (hedgeburner) said:
ah ha just wondering I live in Fort Scott KS about 15 miles from Nevada. Just seeing whos close. I do construction and do alot of work in Missouri.

What kind of construction are you in?

I worked for Fru-con once and Quesco a couple of times bustin' down turbines.

Thanks for the welcomes, guys!

text_hihand.gif
Garma!
It's great to meet you and Welcome to the Forum!
sign0016.gif

Hi Garma,
Good opening post! You'll fit right in at this forum..

Welcome aboard!

Ray

Hedgefire formerly (hedgeburner) said:

Ah yes. Fort Scott and Nevada. We go through there in late June on Race Across America. First the solo riders followed by the teams. Try to keep the heat down a bit for when we go through please.

Welcome to a group of great people. There assistance over the past couple of weeks has been overwhelming. I am new to burning wood, and my wife decides she wants a monster. I am getting better and I sure wish I had your woodpile. I think my existing wood is not seasoned quite to spec.

I hope you learn and enjoy all the stories and info as much as I.

Yes. Welcome. You will find lots of great advice and some great humor. And of course, some really bad humor too. This is a fun group to hang out with.

Status
Not open for further replies.