New Hampton HI305 install -- picture included!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DougR

Apr 19, 2007
Hi guys,

Install day finally arrived yesterday, and wouldn't you know it, the weather FINALLY warms up and we'll be in the 80's all week :)

Thanks for all your advice -- everything seemed to go smoothly. The install was done by 2 guys in about 3 hours. They installed a full-length 5.5" x 35' uninsulated stainless liner in the chimney, and at my request, an insulated sheet-metal block-off plate in place of the damper (thanks Elk!)

I had a terrific experience working with Buchanan Fireplace, in Medford, Mass. They are very knowledgeable and friendly, and working to build a new business on a strong foundation (they formerly had a cleaning and install business, and have only recently opened a showroom where I was able to eyeball the entire Regency and Hampton lines.)

Anyway, please let me know what you think of the photo! I'm planning to tuck the hearth pad underneath the rug in front of the hearth; I only need 4" additional ember protection, and there's 8-10" between the hearth and the rug. Does that seem like a good plan?

Cheers,
Doug

Attachments

• DSC_3783.JPG
    DSC_3783.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 638
Is that a damper knob I see?? Still hooked up??

It *is* a damper knob, and no, it's not hooked up anymore. Without it though, I have an unsightly hole in my hearth. Instead I have a confusing mechanical relic of an earlier era in my home's history :)

Looks great Doug. Hopefully you'll get a cool night soon to stoke her up and bask in the glow.

That's a sharp-looking install Doug;Hampton is a quality product.Try not to wish the summer away, fall will creep up quick enough.Enjoy.

Thanks a lot BeGreen, Titan. I'm hoping for a couple cool nights to do an 'installation lap', and then a long languourous summer playing in the yard, grilling on the deck, and making an occasional misplaced attempt to hit a golf ball !

Titan, I see that you have my new stove's fraternal twin. I'm glad to hear that you think so highly of the Hampton -- you must like yours pretty well?

Doug

I've got the exact same one. It will take a little getting used to but you will really enjoy it once you figure out to burn it hot and damper it down all the way with dry wood. The secondary burn is really cool. There is a picture of it on the picture section under regency I2400. Same stove, different face. You will see what you are in for. Now the argument at home will not be...can we set the thermostat over 65...it will sound more like...can we open the window its too hot in here!!! Best of luck!

Cool photo of the secondary burn in the Regency -- the reflections make it look like it's going to burst out all around the door. Thanks for the pointer!

Doug, I am happy with my Regency,I've only used it for a month or so but it's twice the stove that my epa Century in my basement is.Burn times seem as quoted,btu output is impressive and the draft control actually CONTROLS the burn!I installed an I2400 3 years ago for my in-laws, it still workslooks like new.That Hampton is the same I believe,only nicer to look at.I just recently posted some pics in THE PERFECT PICTURE;were those the ones you looked at?

Way to go Doug make sure you have your wood ready nothing like burning with dry wood

Hey Titan -- No, I saw some pictures in the "Picture Gallery"... I'll have to go check out the Perfect Picture forum...I don't know my way around here very well yet!

Doug

Very nice pics Titan -- I think the 3rd one is my favorite, with flame absolutely everywhere, but the last one where you can only see the secondary burn is really cool.

Forecast around here is for 40 degrees on Saturday night -- I think that's my chance to try out the stove ! Now gotta find some wood......

Doug

That stove sure looks nice there, it just looks like it is hot. The enamel really sets off the cast iron. I would leave the damper knob to remind you how much better the insert is than the old fireplace and also for history.

Status
Not open for further replies.