new hamton hi300 insert on cl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cableman

Minister of Fire
Sep 26, 2013
long island
Ok so im selling my house, had another thread on that!
Found a 2000sq' colonial with fireplace in den next to garage no floor above it. Started looking up inserts and was thinking pe summit, then came across this local listing for a brand new hamton hi300!
I installed one for my buddy and it does kick out some great heat, they are really happy with it.
I called the guy, now i just have to measure the fp when i get over to do inspection in the house. I think i can get it even lower like 2200.
For the price i shouldnt even look for another stove right?

Heres the insert....
http://newyork.craigslist.org/lgi/for/5071004003.html

House pic for referance Screenshot_2015-06-25-17-53-36~2.jpg

Last edited:
Nice price especially with the liner. Might want to check the Regency web site for firebox dimensions, iirc, the Hi300 is something like 2.4 cuft, not huge, really depends what you want to accomplish.

Nice! I love mine! Mine is installed in a Heatilator zero clearance fireplace, so it doesn't take that much room.

I went and checked it out, it really is a nice insert and never fired up. Im gonna pick it up in a week or so! Now i gotta figure out how im gonna deal with moving my 5 cords.....

Reactions: velvetfoot
I picked it up for $2400. Liner is still at house i dont think im gonna use it, was cemented in up top and ovalized to fit down below. What kinda liner does it look like? Looks like it would collect alot of creosote.

20150710_183156~2.jpg

Last edited:
That is a standard light wall flex liner. They don't really collect dirt to much But being ovalized and cemented in at the top it might not be worth the effort to pull it. If you are worried about it collecting dirt go with heavy wall flex liner it is smooth wall and a much better liner.

This a good liner? I helped a friend install this one for his hampton.

20141108_092217.jpg

That is either heavy flex or mid weight which is the same construction as the heavy wall just with a little thinner material. Both are good liners.

Good to hear, local chimney shop has it, charged my friend 600 for 22' of that pipe insulated! Im only gonna need 15 or so feet.

I never heard of the brand but that is a really good price.

oh ok i didn't know that was sleepy hollows brand

Cool I guess hes a known shop?

They have been around a long time yeah

Status
Not open for further replies.