New Harman 52i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalancheman

Jan 1, 2013
Southwest Missouri
I got my Harman 52i installed last week and the installer placed the room temperature sensor under the insert to monitor the rooms return air as it’s pulled into the distribution blower. I have a few questions about the placement. Is the best place for this sensor or should it be moved higher up the wall? I was afraid if I placed it to high like above the insert it would give a false reading due to the warm air coming out the top of the unit. I was also afraid it just laying on the hearth it might give a false reading.

I have included two photos for reference. I pull out the sensor to give you an idea of its location. It was originally installed back under the insert about 2 inches from the front so it wasn’t visible.

Thanks in advance for the advice and suggestions.

Attachments

• Harman 01.jpg
    Harman 01.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 513
  • Harman 02.jpg
    Harman 02.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 518
My installer did the same thing. I have a thermostat hooked up so can't help about false readings. Just run it awhile and adjust the temperature knob as desired.

Many people here will suggest relocating it higher and away from the stove. I recommend first trying it in the original location to see if it works for you. That's where mine is and it works perfectly. If you try it and find that the temperature is not accurate you can either adjust your thermostat accordingly or relocate the sensor to a location to provides more accuracy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.