New Harman Accentra 52i! pellet questions and delivery options in MA?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jpcamb

Nov 22, 2008
Westford MA
Pretty excited, we are selling our Drolet 45 and moving up to a Harman 52i! Wish we had gone the insert route from the get go but was gifted the Drolet in our new house and its been OK for the past few years but its time to move on.
So a few questions, we had pretty good luck with the Tractor Supply Pellets but they like a lot of places ran out toward the end of the season last year. We typically burn about 4-5 tons of pellets is there a brand that works better with the Harman 52i or is it really down to personal preference?

Ideally I would like to get something delivered to the house but so far cant find too many dealers that come out our way. Allbasics in Merirmack does not have a brand we like and I had a really bad experience at Pelletsrus in Acton. Can someone recommend a pellet dealer in the greater lowell area with delivery and decent prices?

Also how often are people pulling the inserts out to clean the pipe and how many people use OAK for inserts or is that a given coming from the flue?

Status
Not open for further replies.