1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

New Harman Advance making noise. Please Help!!!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by afd92, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. afd92

afd92 New Member

Loc:
    Maine
    I installed a Harman Advance pellet stove about a month ago, and it ran great until today when it starting making a loud high pitched noise every time the feeder chain was moving. I put wd40 on the moving parts but that didn't solve it.

Has anyone had this problem, or know what it is?

Thanks

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. STOVEGUY11

STOVEGUY11 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SOUTHERN CT
    Sounds like stove needs to be cleaned.
  3. toastyinri

toastyinri New Member

Loc:
    Rhode Island
    Had that happen once two years ago. It was my combustion fan that was screaching. I have pets so there was quite a bit of dust and pet hairs that got sucked into the fins and air holes....cleaned everything out... including the fins that you see in back of the ashbox,,,,,and put a little lube.....the screaching worked itself out and ran quiet after that. If that doesn't work,,,,,maybe the motor is on it's way out?
  4. BignBeefy

BignBeefy Member

Loc:
    Sandown,NH
    Check the pellet feed auger. Sounds like you have buildup there in the burn pot. Give it a good cleaning as said above. Cresote builds up at the auger rotation point
  5. GVA

GVA Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Waxhaw, NC... Formerly North shore Mass
    Yes clean it first especially the burn pot.....how much have you run through it....
  6. fico720

fico720 New Member

Loc:
    Upstate NY
    I noticed the same noise this evening when I turned on my stove. I just had it installed yesterday...Harman XXV...and can't run it fully yet because I'm waiting for the fire inspector to do his thing. But a very loud and annoying sound coming everytime the feeder did it's thing. Any thoughts? Thanks
  7. BignBeefy

BignBeefy Member

Loc:
    Sandown,NH
    Yes Clean the auger....
  8. STOVEGUY11

STOVEGUY11 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SOUTHERN CT
    Fico, if its making all that noise after just being installed, something is loose or bent. Contact the dealer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.