New Harman Insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
They claim a "reengineered design provides even easier operation and maintenance - for up to 50% less cleaning time than any other pellet appliance available."

I wonder how it has been "reengineered" for this? The P series are really easy to clean.

Thats got to be the best lookin pellet stove iv ever seen, by a long shot. Then again im bias because im a proud owner of a TL-300 and a fan of harman products. They also make the best looking wood stove insert as well the 300i.

I recently purchased the Accentra insert and have been informed I will be getting the 52i instead of the older version. It's being tested now so I should have it by this weekend. Kind of surprised since when I inquired about the new version I was told they didn't expect it until next season.

They claim a "reengineered design provides even easier operation and maintenance - for up to 50% less cleaning time than any other pellet appliance available."

I wonder how it has been "reengineered" for this? The P series are really easy to clean.
I think they are comparing to the original Accentra Insert, which did not provide access to the combustion blower from the front. New one does, like P-series...50% less cleaning? I guess we'll just have to get out the chronometers for that one.

I watched the maintenance video. The corrugated heat exchanger is now flat. ?? more efficient ? less surface area. I only clean my exhaust fan once a year anyway. The front cross over instead of the dreaded blocked left rear cross over is a good idea. Mirror glass nice but my glass stays remarkably clean between my weekly cleanings. It takes me less then 15 minutes after it cools to clean my old accentra insert.

Looking at the installation manual it appears they are requiring a block off plate regardless of whether you install an OAK or not whereas with the older version they recommended it however did not require it. Does this seem odd to anyone? Is there any specific reason they would now require the block off plate?

Looking at the installation manual it appears they are requiring a block off plate regardless of whether you install an OAK or not whereas with the older version they recommended it however did not require it. Does this seem odd to anyone? Is there any specific reason they would now require the block off plate?

nope, in the latest version of the "old" Accentra Insert manual, it also required a blockoff

Man i still cant get over that new insert. Thats a real beauty. Im thinking of places i could put one. I guess you could do a direct vent and put one just about anywhere.

Man i still cant get over that new insert. Thats a real beauty. Im thinking of places i could put one. I guess you could do a direct vent and put one just about anywhere.
Looks exactly like the Accentra, but now available in enamel with the xxv glass. Surprised to see the MSRP under 4k, a bit misleading when they show you the enamel with the painted price.

Wow! 50% less cleaning. It must be the mirrored glass...outa sight outa mind

Reactions: mepellet
accentra roller.jpg

So, back with accentra version 1.0 he stove sat on a gasket that did two things...1 it allowed the unit to slide back and forth somewhat easier and 2. it separated the convection air from the stove components. Looks like all of the room air will now be pulled up and across all of the components now, hopefully they don't get too dirty! Think dog and cat hair.

Scott,

I am not trying to be cynical here and I am always a fan of supporting the underdog (always build AMD computers for my family and friends) but I get the sense that you think there are better options out there than Harman. Do you think that they are at the end of the business cycle where they try to bleed every ounce of profit from the product without doing any real investment back into it?

No it's good....I'm not sure. What I haven't been able to do is actually play with the new stove. Looks like the ditched the accordion style heat exchanger but made some other improvements mostly around access. You gotta remember that this isn't Harman anymore but a HUGE marketing company called HHT running the show. They don't bring models to shows anymore, they bring salesmen. It's not the same company anymore. More choices are made from a profit standpoint and ALL decisions are toward a profit. Gone are the days of creating for the passion of it...that's kinda why Dane lost the business right?