New Harman P-43

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrJitters

Jun 10, 2008
Vermont
Well, I sprung for the Harman P-43 this morning. 3K. Not cheap for sure but after looking at what is left available in this area, a few PelPro's and USSC American Harvest I decided the Harman was just hands down the best made with the best warranty, not even close. Time will tell if I made the right decision I guess but I needed a stove now so my options were getting slimmer by the day. The dealer I purchased it from doesn't excite me much but like I said, my options were few. Wish me luck. :p

macman said:
MrJitters said:
Well, I sprung for the Harman P-43 this morning. 3K.

The dealer had one in stock?

Yeah, not sure how many. He was holding them as alternates for the P38 and P68 buyers who will not be getting their stoves until next spring. It is my understanding the dealer will soon be releasing them for sale to the general public very soon. He mumbled something about only 300 were made or some such thing and he was fortunate to get what he got. I dunno. This dealer is not an outgoing and informative type so that is all I can offer for now.

MrJitters said:
Well, I sprung for the Harman P-43 this morning. 3K. Not cheap for sure but after looking at what is left available in this area, a few PelPro's and USSC American Harvest I decided the Harman was just hands down the best made with the best warranty, not even close. Time will tell if I made the right decision I guess but I needed a stove now so my options were getting slimmer by the day. The dealer I purchased it from doesn't excite me much but like I said, my options were few. Wish me luck. :p

Unfortunately that best warranty(not even close) is only as good as the dealer you bought it from and only if they are still around and selling Harman`s.
And still only good if you don`t move out of his designated area .
But chances are (hopefully)you won`t need any service within the warranty period anyway.

What the heck is a Harmon P43? If it's a pellet stove it's one I never heard of or saw on there web page.

I have been a Harman dealer since 1995. I specialize in their pellet stoves and even was even in the top ten dealers in 2001. I don't even have any p43's yet! The p43 is basicly a hybrid of a p38 and a p61a. With the demand being so high on pellet stoves this year Harman and all the other manufacters are building as fast as possible so many new product projects may be getting set aside. Most dealers are ack ordered till next year but I highly recommend holding out for the Harman. Not just because I sell them but the reason I sell them is the durability and ease of use.

slink said:
I have been a Harman dealer since 1995. I specialize in their pellet stoves and even was even in the top ten dealers in 2001. I don't even have any p43's yet! The p43 is basicly a hybrid of a p38 and a p61a. With the demand being so high on pellet stoves this year Harman and all the other manufacters are building as fast as possible so many new product projects may be getting set aside. Most dealers are ack ordered till next year but I highly recommend holding out for the Harman. Not just because I sell them but the reason I sell them is the durability and ease of use.

http://www.pelletstovepros.com

Well I no longer have to wait for my Harman. The P43 will be delivered on Wednesday and I will be posting pics here soon afterwards. I have high expectations for this Harman so I hope I have not set the bar too high. :lol: I am in the middle of a remodeling project where the stove is going so I doubt I will have it running for at least another 2-3 weeks. BTW, nice store you have there and thanx for sharing some Harman info with us.

slink said:
I would have loved to get a Harmon but that extra $1500 (for a P61A) I'm going to save by getting a Big E will buy me a lot of pellets. And that's if I could get one by next spring. My Dad has a P68 and he loves it by the way. Heats his big ranch just nicely.

My local Harmon does NOT stock the P61! They say EVERYONE wants the P61A at $3350. And they don't have any!!

slink said:

Slink,
If you don't mind, I want to ask your professional opinion. I put a deposit for a Harman insert in early July. And of course, the dealer said they don't know when the insert will be in. My question is should I wait ?
Any opinion will be very helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.