New Harman P61 installed and running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny1

Feeling the Heat
Oct 20, 2006
Eastern ON
Been lurking here for a while. Lottsa good info and opinion's.

We had been looking to put something in to:
1 - help heat the basement area
2 - add some ambiance
3 - help reduce the amount of heating oil we use

Bought a Harman P61A this summer. Got it from the local stove shop, who were recommended to us. Had the shop install it in our insulated basement. In the garage, we now have 2 tons of Northern pellets. And there is a new CO alarm near the bedrooms.

We have been running it the past few nights. I really like it. The basement rec room is now warm (it was freezing last fall/winter). I like the view of the flames. And best of all the oil furnace has not been on yet. The stove is in the same room as the TV, and it is not a problem as far as noise is concerned.

The heat seems to drift upstairs well. It is going to be interesting this winter to see how much of the house we can heat with this stove.

Just wanted to say that this forum was very helpful to me, thanks to all who contribute.

Welcome aboard and keep us updated on how the stove performs. If you have been lurking then you know "Where are the pics!!!?"

Hope this shows up, and sorry about the delay, but I'm very old tech (had to get the film developed, then get the photo scanned in by a buddy...).

I have been running the stove in room temp mode for the past week, and (knock on wood) everything is going fine so far. Scrape out the pot every day and wipe the glass off, top up the hopper, and thats it.

Attachments

• stove1.jpg
    stove1.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 363
Hi guys, Been surfing for days and getting more confused as I go along. Need some advice and help in choosing the right supplimental stove/fireplace for our new construction home. 34oo sq ft. will have train electrical heat pumps but want to have fireplace hearth area in den to suppliment. Will start at the beginning. foune vermont castings and decided on winter warm but found out it is only an inssert and pricy about 3000 plus 1200 for venting not including installation. went to the sequoia zero clerance fireplace and it was priced out at close to 5000 not including install. read on the web about the sequoia recall and shied away from it. now looking at a regency R 90 zero bla bla fireplace but am finding really hard to get an installer in va that has put one in. lots of vent and am weary of it although it looks great. have been going around looking for just a wood stove with non catyliic and air wash system with larg door. cant seem to find who makes the best. ruled out vermont castings because of price and warping and bad reccomendations. Is there anyone out here in cyber land who can help??? thanks Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.